• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 8, 2021

    EU4 This felt better than sex

    EU4 This felt better than sex


    This felt better than sex

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 06:59 AM PDT

    Did my very first proper Ironman campaign Oirat - > Yuan - > Mongol empire and got around 18 achievements

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 09:08 PM PDT

    I guess the commoners finally had enough of the chin

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 02:35 AM PDT

    My first world conquest!

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 03:53 AM PDT

    Love the Pretenders amirite?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 09:42 AM PDT

    Mehmedception

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 07:30 AM PDT

    1.31.5.2 has officially been released

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 04:47 AM PDT

    From the official announcement:

    As usual - there might be unforeseen consequences if you load a <= 1.31.4 save in 1.31.5 - so it should be avoided if you can. If you still want to load an old save - make sure to create a backup if possible. You can also finish off your ongoing save in the previous version before updating. For instructions on how to revert to a previous version, please go here!

    And as always, please report any issues in our bug report forum or submit a support ticket. Thank you!

    We should also mention that with this release, we're entering the Paradox summer break so development will slow down somewhat to allow our people to recuperate. As such Dev Diaries are going on hiatus until September (we know there haven't been any for a while, but wanted to set expectations!).

    It is the exactly the same as the 1.31.5.2 beta. I verified it with a file comparison tool.

    1.31.5.0 patchnotes part 1, part 2, part 3

    1.31.5.1 patchnotes

    1.31.5.2 patchnotes

    submitted by /u/grotaclas2
    [link] [comments]

    It took a century, but Portugal finally solved the great Bullion crisis plaguing Europe... by conquering Morocco.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 08:15 PM PDT

    Go Albania, Go!

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 03:38 AM PDT

    First time unifying Islam on Ironman

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 10:50 AM PDT

    I am a beginner and decided to play my home country what am I doing right, what am I doing wrong? my ally's are spain, france, and bohema. I tried annexing my vassal byzantium even tho it would take a long time but it just stopped at 9%

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 12:05 PM PDT

    Let's everyone thank the Scottish soldiers who crossed 2 bloddy oceans to help in a war that was already won against a single province native nation with no allies... I wonder, what would i do without them?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 06:37 PM PDT

    For Odin! These are rookie numbers, but I'm a rookie, so.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 11:49 PM PDT

    After countless attempts I finally managed to form Jerusalem as the Knights

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 01:46 PM PDT

    Rate my Roman Empire

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 10:43 AM PDT

    Some talented explorers we've got there, just wish they'd keep better maps

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 12:26 PM PDT

    I was confused about this tick in the middle of Siberia

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 01:51 PM PDT

    AI Austria trying something

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 11:02 PM PDT

    Kniaz Oleg III Osmanoglu...

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 11:52 PM PDT

    Burgundian Succession in 1451?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 11:39 AM PDT

    1.31 Performance

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 08:06 AM PDT

    So I was thinking about the horrible performance of 1.31 today. My computer takes 2-3 times as long to process a month post 1.31, which makes a campaign take a full week at best for me to run through rather than a few days. My assumption is that most of this is caused by all of the new nations in the southeast Pacific and Australia.

    My question is, would it be possible through a mod to remove the new nations from 1.31? So we could have the features of 1.31, without the game-breaking performance hit? Or perhaps Paradox could add another historical start map at 1444 removing them all. Curious what you guys think about whether it would bring the game back on par with 1.30.6.

    submitted by /u/mattinglies
    [link] [comments]

    Estate privileges vs absolutism, age bonuses and other tips for mid-late game?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 12:36 PM PDT

    Hello. For the basically first time in a long time (playing regularily since january) I've reached 1600 and still want to continue the save. It's something like 1640 and I started wondering about a couple of things. I'm mostly writing my own thoughts hoping someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I will try not to get indepth too.

    Okay, so maybe let's begin with age bonuses, as they are usable earlier on. I should also add that overall the bonuses to specific nations are great and first pick:

    1. Age of discovery - Depending on situation, I took the"Transfer subject" as first if I needed it for some reason. Other than that, I always went for Justified Wars. Then Improved Wartaxes. Lastly, becouse I lack better choices, Adaptative Combat Terrain. I understand that Higher Developed Colonies are also situational, but I never saw a reason to take Feudal De Jure Law or Cavalry Armies. Really, maybe I'm blind, but it just feels useless.
    2. Age of reformation - here is the first problem. Religious Wars is often great and my first pick as I fight a lot of heretics and heathens, as I'm playing in Europe. Then I have no real clue, I went for Institutional Spread as I'm most likely trying to get Colonialism at that point. Then Prestigious Conversion or Powerful Tradeships, depending on situation. I don't use mercenaries that much so I see no point in Mercenary Discipline, same with Floating Batteries. Religion Enforced Edict is also... meh. I will get converted anyway, just pay a bit more while at it.
    3. And the last two, as I've never really tried them, I will merge them into one. Administrative Efficiency and Absolute Government seem nice, other than that in Age of Absolutism there isn't anything noteworthy (in my opinion, of course). In age of Revolution all seems relatively nice, but I'd say Improved Artillery Range is a must-have and first-pick. Then either Improved Force March or Napoleonic Warfare, depending on situation and what I will be struggling with. Then the Naval Engagement. I think by late-game you are big enough to not care about vassal loyalty even with diverted trade. Lastly, ignoring coring range, I can't imagine finding use for that really.

    So, the second thing, absolutism vs Estate privileges. In all honesty, I really like monarch power, so I'd try to at least keep these ones. There are also a couple usable ones like Strong Duchies, Papal Emissary, Exclusive trade rights, Recruit Cossack Leaders and probably the most important, +100 governing capacity. It's also the fact that by mid-late game I'm already capable of taking big amount of land and well, I'm relatively rich by myself, so I really never saw a reason to help me blobbing while I'm already doing great. But well, as I know there are a lot of fans of Absolutism, so I'd like to ask, what's your reasoning?

    And lastly, any other tips. For example, I didn't take part in easily winnable League War (France, Ottomans and beaten up Muscovy vs the rest) and only now I realize that it's one of the objectives for Age of Absolutism, so it's a bit of a shame. I also know about Court and Country, could you tell me how to manually increase my unrest and get the disaster? I'd imagine no-CB/truce break for stability loss and maybe take a lot of land to get overextension, I hope it works. But, it's the only two things I can think of, anything else worth mentioning? I have no clue about Revolution either btw, so even that might be a good place to start.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/rolewicz3
    [link] [comments]

    I know what I am doing, I just don't know how it's working

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 03:58 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment