• Breaking News

    Monday, October 25, 2021

    EU4 The Imperial Council - /r/eu4 Weekly General Help Thread: October 25 2021

    EU4 The Imperial Council - /r/eu4 Weekly General Help Thread: October 25 2021


    The Imperial Council - /r/eu4 Weekly General Help Thread: October 25 2021

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 06:00 AM PDT

    Please check our previous Imperial Council thread for any questions left unanswered

     

    Welcome to the Imperial Council of r/eu4, where your trusted and most knowledgeable advisors stand ready to help you in matters of state and conquest.

    This thread is for any small questions that don't warrant their own post, or continued discussions for your next moves in your Ironman game. If you'd like to channel the wisdom and knowledge of the master tacticians of this subreddit, and more importantly not ruin your Ironman save, then you've found the right place!

    Important: If you are asking about a specific situation in your game, please post screenshots of any relevant map modes (diplomatic, political, trade, etc) or interface tabs (economy, military, ideas, etc). Please also explain the situation as best you can. Alliances, army strength, ideas, tech etc. are all factors your advisors will need to know to give you the best possible answer.

     


    Tactician's Library:

    Below is a list of resources that are helpful to players of all skill levels, meant to assist both those asking questions as well as those answering questions. This list is updated as mechanics change, including new strategies as they arise and retiring old strategies that have been left in the dust. You can help me maintain the list by sending me new guides and notifying me when old guides are no longer relevant!

    Getting Started

    New Player Tutorials

    Administration

    Diplomacy

    Military

    Trade

     


    Country-Specific Strategy

     


    Misc Country Guides Collections

     


    Advanced/In-Depth Guides

     


    If you have any useful resources not currently in the tactician's library, please share them with me and I'll add them! You can message me or mention my username in a comment by typing /u/Kloiper

    Calling all imperial councillors! Many of our linked guides pre-Dharma (1.26) are missing strategy regarding mission trees. Any help in putting together updated guides is greatly appreciated! Further, if you're answering a question in this thread, chances are you've used the EU4 wiki and know how valuable a resource it can be. When you answer a question, consider checking whether the wiki has that information where you would expect to find it, and adding to the wiki if it does not. In fact, anybody can help contribute to the wiki - a good starting point is the work needed page. Before editing the wiki, please read the style guidelines for posting.

    submitted by /u/Kloiper
    [link] [comments]

    Not Holy, not Roman but Empire!

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 04:56 AM PDT

    What is your favorite nation to play?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 07:30 AM PDT

    For me it is mainly Middle East. Especially Ottoman Empire and Persia, I love their history since hella long time, so choice is easy.

    submitted by /u/omonowitsh
    [link] [comments]

    What is your least favorite popular nation to play?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 08:07 AM PDT

    For me it's gotta be Austria or the Emperor in general. There is so much that hinges on RNG or being aware of very tight timings that I have to play at speed 3 and constantly pause to check all the nations of interest before I revoke. Then it's fun, but the early- to midgame slog rarely makes up for it.

    Like it's endless: Did Bohemia get any strong allies? Can I PU them in time to get Hungary before they get eaten (for some reason both Poland and Ottos often cancel their PU over Croatia in an early war)? Can I take Galicia from Poland and have enough time for another war to PU them before Lithuania breaks away? What about the inheritance? Does Burgundy choose to stay independent? Join the Empire? Get PU'd? Does it even fire? Where are the locations of the centers of reformation? Is it an OPM? If yes, then it better not be a Free City and if it is a Free City, then they better be allied to someone I have a CB for, since no-CB'ing Catholics is too AE heavy. If it isn't an OPM, then they better be small and the center better be in their capital. Are the Ottomans allied to France? Or to Russia? Can I claim someone's throne? Etc. etc. You get the point. For me it's just mentally exhausting to keep track of all of these events. Like I said, after you crush the reformation and revoke it gets better, but at that point you basically won already.

    What are your least favorite nations to play that are popular in the community?

    submitted by /u/Muffinmaker457
    [link] [comments]

    Should I do it?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 12:10 PM PDT

    Rate my encirclement

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 08:31 PM PDT

    Leviathan and tall play are scary

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 01:13 AM PDT

    I want to start getting Into multi-player but don't know anyone that plays eu4.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 09:37 AM PDT

    I've played multi-player games a few times with my cousin but wanna start playing more, does anyone know where I can find people that wanna get a game going?

    submitted by /u/amatthew12
    [link] [comments]

    Which country ideas is better in your opinion? Haven't played for a while, need advice to choose.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 06:31 PM PDT

    Concil of Trente Bug again

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 03:56 AM PDT

    oirat to mughals

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 08:19 AM PDT

    Finally got the Golden Horde Achievment

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 03:49 AM PDT

    There's no better feeling than this.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 07:23 AM PDT

    Look at the size of the BurGGundy I just inherited

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 01:59 PM PDT

    Is it me or does every AI keep up to tech now?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 08:11 AM PDT

    I recently integrated castile and start fighting Asian and African minors. To my surprise, some backward tribes in Africa stack wipe my 30k army with their 80K. As it turns out , they somehow has the same tech level as me despite the fact that all institution were spawned in Europe. Last time I played an colonial game ( a few updates ago), all non European nations were at least 6 tech behind. I tried to block institution spread by making trade companies all border regions but it does not work and they spread anyway. I checked again and found out that the Enlightenment spawned in India.

    It could be just because of me not paying attention to the rest of the world for some 50 years ( due to lack of mana and trying to reform Rome) Or is it a common occurrence that the entire world somehow enter Age of Information and update their tech immediately?

    submitted by /u/nostalgic_angel
    [link] [comments]

    I want to learn eu4 but the tutorial is confusing to me

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 06:45 AM PDT

    I mainly don't get the UI and many videos i have seen have dlcs enabled that add things to the UI that i don't have without any dlc

    submitted by /u/omgapc
    [link] [comments]

    I just did the hardest thing I've ever done in eu4 and I'm really proud of myself

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 01:38 PM PDT

    So I have around 300 hours on the game and I always considered myself to be pretty bad at it since I always see people doing such incredible things that I could never. But I recently started a Brandenburg -> Prussia campaign I'm in 1540 with 50k troops and 2 fairly big vassals, for some reason the Empire decided to stay catholic so I couldn't become Emperor and the AE was really dragging me down.

    At this point Saxony was the Emperor and I've just been declared on by a huge coalition that doubles my troops so I just get the crazy idea to dismantle the HRE since the Emperor is not in the coalition but 3 of the 6 electors are, and because the Emperor is an elector and I'm also an elector I have to ocupy less capitals, I allied Mainz prior and manage to win and siege 90% of the members of the coalition and declared on The Palatinate and Trier and occupied them, right after that declared on Saxony which is allied to Poland and win that war too.

    At that point I managed to 100% warscore a coalition that started doubling my troops, and win other 2 simultaneous wars while dismantling the HRE, getting the Ruina Imperii achievement and getting one of the necessary provinces for my mission.

    I'm honestly really proud of myself I fell like it's the first thing I've done that kinda makes me feel like I'm improving at the game. I just wanted to post about it here since I'm really happy right now.

    submitted by /u/electronicpapi
    [link] [comments]

    As burgundy should i form dutch nation or lotharingia?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 09:30 AM PDT

    I have the option to do both but have no idea which would be better

    submitted by /u/FoodForTheWinn
    [link] [comments]

    When I take a junior partner in a personal union what will happen to their junior partner?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 09:00 AM PDT

    I'm playing as Austria and have the CB to restore personal union with Poland. What happens to their junior partner Lithuania once Poland becomes my junior partner?

    submitted by /u/Dominyck
    [link] [comments]

    You know something is wrong when you pan over to Europe and you see this

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 10:35 PM PDT

    To me this feels like I've finally finished the tutorial. 100 Achievements

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 03:22 PM PDT

    Eu4 Wallachian Vampire conquest (Halloween Special)

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 07:24 AM PDT

    Rom

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 03:36 PM PDT

    Having a natural scientist as one of your advisors can help you avoid the stability hit from the comet event

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 12:36 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment