• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 19, 2021

    EU4 Paradox, PLEASE fix your pie charts

    EU4 Paradox, PLEASE fix your pie charts


    Paradox, PLEASE fix your pie charts

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 04:50 AM PDT

    POV: You're booting up the game for the fifth time in 10 minutes after numerous Ironman alt f4's and the game is now mocking you.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 10:06 AM PDT

    I know it's not a huge achievement, but I *finally* formed Rome after at least 15 attempts. I'm clearly still in the tutorial with 1,200 hours in this game.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 11:45 AM PDT

    Burgundy>Lothringia with all claims from missions

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 02:16 AM PDT

    "I wish they all could be California girls" - The Beach Boys, 1965. Wish granted! 1.31.4 Mayan Horde California WC [One Tag]

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 09:43 PM PDT

    Did Columbus have a stroke?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 06:24 AM PDT

    The Gov. capacaity bug destroy big nations every game

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 12:32 PM PDT

    Lot of time since last time i saw aestethic name placement... Enjoy!!

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 04:18 AM PDT

    Finally got em all!

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 03:03 PM PDT

    I just got a PU over a 1200 developement Austria that had Hungary and Bohemia in my Palatinate game

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 09:12 AM PDT

    "This is Persia!" Achievement Completed by 1654! Very fun achievement run!

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 05:01 PM PDT

    A bit early for him?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 01:48 PM PDT

    It wasnt even planned

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 12:09 PM PDT

    My first Jianzhou -> Manchu -> Qing campaign for 11 achievements

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 10:49 AM PDT

    How do you tag switch without ruining your country, and is it really worth it?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 03:18 PM PDT

    Hi there,

    So I've been trying to play around with the idea of tag-switching to stack Administrative Efficiency, which I consider the single most powerful thing in the game, as well as taking advantage of other modifiers or bonuses like PU missions.

    The issue is, practically every single time I do this, my country gets wrecked in the mean time from the lack of stated land. My income plummets, countries no longer view me as too big to rival, my subjects become disloyal...

    It feels like you can only tag switch without ruining your country once you have huge trade income, and by that point is 5 or 10% more Administrative Efficiency really the difference if you get a world conquest or not?

    I see people going through Sardinia Piedmont > Austria > Croatia > Prussia > Germany or even Mughals a lot for example...

    The Sardinia-Piedmont mission for 5% Administrative Efficiency requires you to have 10x your starting income. Fine if you are Provence or Dithmarschen, not so fine if you are Hungary or even France.

    The Prussian mission...well you can get it, but if you're a big Prussia you need a lot of money to spend on courthouses because of the Prussian monarchy.

    Again, by both these points if you're that rich I'm not sure 5 or 10% Administrative Efficiency for unstating is really worth it.

    My point is, I really like the idea of tag-switching for Administrative Efficiency but I've had two very strong Hungary campaigns which I wrecked trying to tag-switch and dealing with the lack of stated land penalties. I even had an extremely strong Austria campaign in which I tag switched to France for the PU on Spain, and even that ruined my country.

    I've done this once before, as Aragon > Sardinia-Piedmont > Two Sicilies (briefly switched back to Aragonese cause of cultural Union) > Italy > HRE World Conquest. But the difference there was that I had Sardinian, Neapolitan and Sicilian in my starting cultures so it actually wasn't hard. You can switch to Sardinian and then restate everything quite quickly so your income doesn't drop.

    Having a strong country in this game is all about dominating a trade node by 1600 imo. It's not easy to do that when you need a bit of land in Sardinia, a bit of land in Germany, switching through religions etc and then losing the production value in those lands by unstating to switch culture.

    I'm just genuinely trying to understand how people tag-switch without wrecking their country because a lot of EU4 players I like and enjoy watching on YouTube and Twitch do it, but from my perspective the cost of tag-switching is just colossal.

    It again only really seems feasible for me once you've already gotten huge or if you start as a small country and have less land to de-state.

    I have tried to time things to integrate a subject and state that land when I know it's the next tag I want to switch into but still...

    Any input much much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Ferdinand_Bardamu32
    [link] [comments]

    (Basically) Historically accurate Ottoman Empire

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 06:17 AM PDT

    Finally, my 3rd ”real” achievement in eu4( first and second was Sons of Carthage and Barbarossa

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 03:14 PM PDT

    The largest I’ve seen them German crusader bois grow

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 04:40 AM PDT

    Rate My (Rigan) Reich

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 11:39 AM PDT

    that's... that's not Danzig....

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 08:21 AM PDT

    Found an Occitan Papal States with its only province in Bavaria

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 06:40 AM PDT

    This old man stared death in the face every year and said, "No."

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 03:14 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment