• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 5, 2019

    EU4 'Which country, what year, how well?' weekly thread : November 05 2019

    EU4 'Which country, what year, how well?' weekly thread : November 05 2019


    'Which country, what year, how well?' weekly thread : November 05 2019

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 08:08 AM PST

    In this thread, you can post a maps from your games, and other players can try to guess who you're playing, what year it is, and any other info you specify. Please only post maps in top-level comments.

    Such posts outside this thread will be removed by the moderators.

    Click here to see past threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Papa's perfect little girl. Double Triple Six.

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 04:01 AM PST

    Someone must have been sleeping at their diplomacy classes...

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 03:26 AM PST

    Map of Europe AD 1444 [OC]

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 05:18 AM PST

    I don't know how Granada ended up in Africa, but I love it

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 10:11 AM PST

    10/10

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 07:50 AM PST

    Development Diary - 5th of November 2019

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 01:00 AM PST

    "You sure this is the place?" "Yeah man, I'm like 90% certain we got the right address" "Works for me"

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 07:45 AM PST

    Roman Republic Playthrough - best run I have ever had and got 15 achievements in that one run.

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 07:29 AM PST

    Probably done a million times before, but I recreated German Empire in it's 1914 borders.

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 12:56 AM PST

    Just another instance of normal name placement

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 04:59 AM PST

    Some honest thoughts from a long time player

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 07:10 AM PST

    I'm gonna make clear before I begin that I'm in no way an expert on this game. I've been playing since Common Sense, which probably isn't as long as some people here, but considering that was three or so years ago I feel confident saying I'm one of the older players. I'll also preface saying I don't think I'm that good at the game, but I still have a ton of fun with it regardless.

    So, as typical to all my Tuesday mornings, I pull up r/eu4 and look for the most recent dev diary posted. Normally I'm always happy to read them, even on the less popular diaries, but today I felt, a little upset to be fully honest. The QoL changes were nice and all, but the bottom is what really stuck with me.

    "Now to a bit of a meta topic of our development diaries, the development diaries themselves. We do not want to produce filler development diaries and we know you want to hear about cool features whenever we write one. So we will be slowing down the pace at which we are writing these. We will be doing them monthly going forward meaning the next one won't be until 3rd of December where I will be sure to give you something to sink your teeth into. I haven't decided yet what feature we'll be talking about but thanks to reducing to this pace you can be sure it's going to be something big, new and exciting!"

    I don't think I'm alone in thinking it's a mistake moving to monthly dev diaries. Even if you don't have much to show (which I've never had the biggest issue with the smaller diaries) it's a way for the community to interact with the devs, something DDRJake pointed out was their goal at the beginning of the year. I support the idea others have proposed of the devs essentially doing "proper diaries", just giving their thoughts on the production and how it's evolving, a glimpse for players into their minds.

    Coupled with the more recent controversies which I won't even attempt to give an opinion on, it feels like with Jake leaving that this update has lost a little steam. He was personally my favorite part of the diaries and streams, he just has that engaging personality to keep the nitty gritty interesting. A monthly diary may also symbolize an inherent unreadiness to the dlc, which if it's supposed to be 4 months away is a bit concerning to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against larger diaries with more stuff packed in, but after this long and with all the time that would be between the diaries, it seems detrimental to paradox to be radio silent between them. That's how you alienate a playerbase.

    Tl:dr I think paradox is making a mistake moving to monthly diaries, and should at the very least give weekly thought process updates to remedy a loss in communication.

    submitted by /u/Aragorn830
    [link] [comments]

    Space Marines on Switzerlake spaceship

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 03:26 AM PST

    My first Mare Nostrum run

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 03:10 AM PST

    English East Siberia

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 08:01 AM PST

    Ah yes, this Russia is Russian

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 08:16 AM PST

    Cyprus is the emperor

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 07:17 AM PST

    france what are you doing here already?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 05:13 AM PST

    JustOttomanThings

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 01:28 PM PST

    TIL:EU4’s engine was named after Carl von Clausewitz,a prussian general and military theorist.In the picture is his most notable work:Vom Kriege(On War)

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 11:56 AM PST

    Was super bored. Decided to drawn south Europe in 1444. Everything but nost the HRI

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 01:47 PM PST

    Update to my Austrian Empire post: It's collapsing :(

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 01:02 PM PST

    True heir of Timur by 1535 on hard

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 12:57 AM PST

    Split-Personality-Morocco

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 06:44 AM PST

    Persia is basically Prussia

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 11:34 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment