• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 22, 2022

    EU4 The Imperial Council - /r/eu4 Weekly General Help Thread: February 21 2022

    EU4 The Imperial Council - /r/eu4 Weekly General Help Thread: February 21 2022


    The Imperial Council - /r/eu4 Weekly General Help Thread: February 21 2022

    Posted: 21 Feb 2022 06:00 AM PST

    Please check our previous Imperial Council thread for any questions left unanswered

     

    Welcome to the Imperial Council of r/eu4, where your trusted and most knowledgeable advisors stand ready to help you in matters of state and conquest.

    This thread is for any small questions that don't warrant their own post, or continued discussions for your next moves in your Ironman game. If you'd like to channel the wisdom and knowledge of the master tacticians of this subreddit, and more importantly not ruin your Ironman save, then you've found the right place!

    Important: If you are asking about a specific situation in your game, please post screenshots of any relevant map modes (diplomatic, political, trade, etc) or interface tabs (economy, military, ideas, etc). Please also explain the situation as best you can. Alliances, army strength, ideas, tech etc. are all factors your advisors will need to know to give you the best possible answer.

     


    Tactician's Library:

    Below is a list of resources that are helpful to players of all skill levels, meant to assist both those asking questions as well as those answering questions. This list is updated as mechanics change, including new strategies as they arise and retiring old strategies that have been left in the dust. You can help me maintain the list by sending me new guides and notifying me when old guides are no longer relevant!

    Getting Started

    New Player Tutorials

    Administration

    Diplomacy

    Military

    Trade

     


    Country-Specific Strategy

     


    Misc Country Guides Collections

     


    Advanced/In-Depth Guides

     


    If you have any useful resources not currently in the tactician's library, please share them with me and I'll add them! You can message me or mention my username in a comment by typing /u/Kloiper

    Calling all imperial councillors! Many of our linked guides pre-Dharma (1.26) are missing strategy regarding mission trees. Any help in putting together updated guides is greatly appreciated! Further, if you're answering a question in this thread, chances are you've used the EU4 wiki and know how valuable a resource it can be. When you answer a question, consider checking whether the wiki has that information where you would expect to find it, and adding to the wiki if it does not. In fact, anybody can help contribute to the wiki - a good starting point is the work needed page. Before editing the wiki, please read the style guidelines for posting.

    submitted by /u/Kloiper
    [link] [comments]

    Putin ruined my Russia game

    Posted: 21 Feb 2022 04:03 PM PST

    Thanks Putin.

    I was just about to invade Lithuania's Eastern Ukraine as Muscovy in the year 1497, but now I feel dirty.

    submitted by /u/SomeoneRRSomething
    [link] [comments]

    I can see the depression in his eyes

    Posted: 21 Feb 2022 03:43 PM PST

    Check the wiki before asking your questions

    Posted: 21 Feb 2022 11:33 PM PST

    Maybe many people don't know this but there is a wiki for every paradox game that could easily answer 99% of your basic questions, including classics like "Why don't I get the PU? Why did I lose the PU? Why won't the Electors vote for me? What is this nation?" within a maximum of 5 minutes of your time. It can even answer "more complex" questions like "Why is my fleet of 90 light ships without an Admiral dying vs 20 british ships, I am outnumbering them? " if you invest 10 minutes. The time it takes you to write your questions here is often enough to find the answer by yourself. You will safe yourself a lot of time because you don't have to wait for people to answer stuff that is common knowledge provided by the wiki.

    submitted by /u/Mean-Bid115
    [link] [comments]

    Ah Yes, I want my 7/7/7 Napoleon!

    Posted: 21 Feb 2022 04:55 PM PST

    Expanded a bit too fast in my first Byzantium Ironman Run and keep losing no matter how many times my game crashes HELP

    Posted: 21 Feb 2022 01:17 PM PST

    Why can't I take their land?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2022 02:25 PM PST

    I am not the only one here with the fetish for castles... Right? (Swipe for more pictures, and sorry for the few but still annoyng holes)

    Posted: 21 Feb 2022 07:05 AM PST

    Why i am not getting the PU?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2022 03:31 PM PST

    Who the hell is Colla and why can't i find them?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2022 08:28 AM PST

    Ah shit, better relo- oh. That works too.

    Posted: 21 Feb 2022 09:57 PM PST

    Fun non European nation for playing tall

    Posted: 21 Feb 2022 08:19 AM PST

    No leviathan,no emperor,no origins

    submitted by /u/imperialpelast
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Third Way still possible?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2022 10:33 AM PST

    this swedish dynasty litterly translates to guninea pig

    Posted: 21 Feb 2022 09:48 AM PST

    well thats new.

    Posted: 21 Feb 2022 11:36 AM PST

    Why is Austria one country in 1444?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2022 08:48 AM PST

    I was looking at some old possts about how the map has changed to reflect the historical situation in 1444 more accurately and I was thinking about Austria being united. Have the devs been asked about this? They have Frederick III as archduke with Ladislaus the Posthumous as his heir (Ladislaus was never Frederick's heir, although the reverse is true. That's how the two united historically), despite the two men ruling completely separate independent countries in 1444. In the history files they split up after Ladislaus gets Hungary as PU (argualy he should have that from the start?), and then unite again (as they should be) after Ladislaus dies in 1457. This isn't really a balancing thing, as you can easily have events for Frederik to keep the Hungary PU and inherit Lower Austria or get a PU casus belli. It may even make for a more entertaining early game as Austria and make the AI less likely to blob out, at least at first. I think it would work better and it reflects history.

    submitted by /u/nick17971
    [link] [comments]

    F12 broken

    Posted: 21 Feb 2022 03:01 AM PST

    AI doing a better Prussia run than I could ever do

    Posted: 20 Feb 2022 10:05 PM PST

    The Pan-Pacific Empire

    Posted: 21 Feb 2022 08:47 PM PST

    Ah Yes, I love my Western European Anatolia

    Posted: 21 Feb 2022 06:28 PM PST

    61,4% admin tech cost reduction as Korea in 1474

    Posted: 21 Feb 2022 06:30 AM PST

    AI will do everything in its power to screw me over...

    Posted: 21 Feb 2022 05:58 AM PST

    Why aren't the electors backing me?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2022 04:28 AM PST

    Fezzan Corridors!

    Posted: 21 Feb 2022 03:53 PM PST

    What is your “main” country?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2022 01:33 AM PST

    I recently noticed that I tend to be going back to the same nations whenever I play multiplayer. I didn't really know I did this until my friend pointed it out. I was wondering why until I realised I just really like playing with PU's and vassals, which means I tend to play Austria and Poland (mostly Poland).

    I returned the favour to him though. He always picks Brandenburg or Brunswick to form Prussia with, or a horde for fast expansion.

    But it made me wonder, do you guys do the same? Is there a country you keep falling back on, because you simply enjoy its mechanics and you know how to play it well?

    submitted by /u/Striking-Carpet131
    [link] [comments]

    Uno reverse card

    Posted: 21 Feb 2022 09:15 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment