• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 23, 2022

    EU4 I had a fever dream in which I played EU4. Here are some weird mechanics I've encountered.

    EU4 I had a fever dream in which I played EU4. Here are some weird mechanics I've encountered.


    I had a fever dream in which I played EU4. Here are some weird mechanics I've encountered.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2022 08:09 AM PST

    Title explains it all. For context, I had already played on the day before going to bed. During the dream I was streaming a weird Poland -> England -> Great Britain campaign. I remember using a lot of exploits, and most of the game went as you'd expect. However, there were a few... strange, and maybe horrible, mechanics that my mind somehow made up. (I'm not that good of a player in real life, sadly.)

    -> Propaganda. In the dream version of EU4, a decision was available which increased the current ruler's stats by inventing false records of said ruler's life. While the player could buff up their ruler as much as they want, much later in the game an event would inevitably fire giving you large debuffs. I circumvented this in my exploit run by simply not hiring any advisors, so nobody would be able to call me out on those claims. The event would not fire, giving me permanent god rulers.

    -> "Protected" Trade Goods If multiple countries came to an agreement, an event would pop up changing the value of some 'controversial' goods (a.k.a. Slaves, Tobacco) to 0. Provinces that used to produce these goods would become virtually independent afterwards for some reason, and provinces which used to produce these goods could never become colonized (wouldn't that cause huge gaps in the late game map though?!).

    -> Exploit log. A special in-game window could be shown, indicating what cheese/exploits were used during the game. Smaller, more insignificant exploits would be shown in smaller text than more important, game breaking ones.

    -> Splitting Colonial Nations" If a colonial nation surrounded by two others was insignificant enough, a decision could have been made to the split it in half between its neighbors. The one in my dream was one that doesn't even have its own separate region in our world's version of EU4 - New Zealand. What bugged my dream self the most was the fact that the game decided to split it on the vertical axis, basically looking like this.

    And that's all I could remember. I wrote them down immediately after I woke up. I'd feel absolutely miserable if Paradox ever decides to add any of these.

    submitted by /u/Kosinski33
    [link] [comments]

    How much value would a Ducat have IRL?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2022 04:58 AM PST

    I always thought about a ducat to be similar to today's 10k €. A hundred ducats would be one million euros.

    This is not by any means correct but I want to know what other people think about what a 'ducat' represents.

    submitted by /u/marquina9999
    [link] [comments]

    My portugal is broken

    Posted: 23 Feb 2022 08:50 AM PST

    How do I best deal with estates?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2022 06:23 AM PST

    Can you guys please explain this? (Duke + Prince-Consort)

    Posted: 23 Feb 2022 08:52 AM PST

    Khaaan

    Posted: 23 Feb 2022 06:41 AM PST

    My most successful campaign so far, as Ming. Had a lot of fun!

    Posted: 23 Feb 2022 07:25 AM PST

    Ulm IRL

    Posted: 23 Feb 2022 10:55 AM PST

    Why you should always ally the strongest possible power

    Posted: 23 Feb 2022 07:38 AM PST

    So, I had to get this off my chest. I was playing a Netherlands game. All was going well, played a bit tall on the homefront and colonized like crazy. I had colonies in the whole new world around 1600: Colombia, Peru, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Eastern, Canada and almost California. But then, massive Spain with Portugal PU (portugal with a big african territory) declares war on me, I prepare for a big war in Europe and especially the new world which would be difficult enough. I had a relatively weak France on my side and war was going pretty stalemate. I was winning in the new world but losing in Europe and then, Austria joins the war on Spanish side. I an losing quite badly now but I will fight to the death. I couldve allied Austria for a while… would have saved my campagin.

    TLDR: Huge war Netherlands against Spain, Austria joined in against me aho I couldve allied a long time ago

    submitted by /u/Chieliano
    [link] [comments]

    At least now it's roman...

    Posted: 23 Feb 2022 03:53 AM PST

    Good roman empire run start?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2022 09:43 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment