• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 15, 2021

    EU4 'Which country, what year, how well?' weekly thread : December 14 2021

    EU4 'Which country, what year, how well?' weekly thread : December 14 2021


    'Which country, what year, how well?' weekly thread : December 14 2021

    Posted: 14 Dec 2021 08:00 AM PST

    In this thread, you can post a maps from your games, and other players can try to guess who you're playing, what year it is, and any other info you specify. Please only post maps in top-level comments. Such posts outside this thread will be removed by the moderators. [Click here](https://www.reddit.com/r/eu4/search?q=author%3AAutoModerator+AND+%22Which+country%22&restrict\_sr=on&sort=new&t=all) to see past threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The Imperial Council - /r/eu4 Weekly General Help Thread: December 14 2021

    Posted: 14 Dec 2021 06:12 PM PST

    Please check our previous Imperial Council thread for any questions left unanswered

     

    Welcome to the Imperial Council of r/eu4, where your trusted and most knowledgeable advisors stand ready to help you in matters of state and conquest.

    This thread is for any small questions that don't warrant their own post, or continued discussions for your next moves in your Ironman game. If you'd like to channel the wisdom and knowledge of the master tacticians of this subreddit, and more importantly not ruin your Ironman save, then you've found the right place!

    Important: If you are asking about a specific situation in your game, please post screenshots of any relevant map modes (diplomatic, political, trade, etc) or interface tabs (economy, military, ideas, etc). Please also explain the situation as best you can. Alliances, army strength, ideas, tech etc. are all factors your advisors will need to know to give you the best possible answer.

     


    Tactician's Library:

    Below is a list of resources that are helpful to players of all skill levels, meant to assist both those asking questions as well as those answering questions. This list is updated as mechanics change, including new strategies as they arise and retiring old strategies that have been left in the dust. You can help me maintain the list by sending me new guides and notifying me when old guides are no longer relevant!

    Getting Started

    New Player Tutorials

    Administration

    Diplomacy

    Military

    Trade

     


    Country-Specific Strategy

     


    Misc Country Guides Collections

     


    Advanced/In-Depth Guides

     


    If you have any useful resources not currently in the tactician's library, please share them with me and I'll add them! You can message me or mention my username in a comment by typing /u/Kloiper

    Calling all imperial councillors! Many of our linked guides pre-Dharma (1.26) are missing strategy regarding mission trees. Any help in putting together updated guides is greatly appreciated! Further, if you're answering a question in this thread, chances are you've used the EU4 wiki and know how valuable a resource it can be. When you answer a question, consider checking whether the wiki has that information where you would expect to find it, and adding to the wiki if it does not. In fact, anybody can help contribute to the wiki - a good starting point is the work needed page. Before editing the wiki, please read the style guidelines for posting.

    submitted by /u/Kloiper
    [link] [comments]

    Okay Hungary, if you say so

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 01:29 PM PST

    We spoke about eu4 in history class. It was in our textbook.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 10:24 AM PST

    Our teacher asked us if it should be allowed because history is rewritten and certain things just arent historical. Most of us came to the conclusion that there should be warnings like: "Actually this Battle didnt happen." I did not like this Idea. Anyway there was a picture of the Game and a text describing it in our textbook. So basically Paradox got a free ad in the German school system.

    submitted by /u/Kutztr
    [link] [comments]

    bruuhhhh

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 11:49 AM PST

    Iceland is whaAAT?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 08:39 AM PST

    Just got a 6 siege pip general. How rare is this?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 12:42 AM PST

    I f***ng hate AI in this damn game.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 02:50 AM PST

    I just played as Cyprus, attacked Ottomans, trapped them in Europe using my navy. Conquered entire Anatolia. And all was good until I decided to call my allies into war so I could finish war faster. My allies were Poland and France with total troops count of 100k against only 36k ottomans in Europe. And you know what? They actually did send troops to fight Ottomans, but for some unknown reason they just started losing battles deliberately. They literally started sending 10k against 36k ottomans while having 50k next to them just doing nothing. And they kept doing so till out of 60k Polish-Lithuanian army only 10k left, and out of French 40k army only 20k left. And then they just white peace Ottomans as if nothing happened leaving me with -40 warscore from their battles. I literally would have had 70 warscore now if I wouldn't call my allies instead of 30.

    submitted by /u/Tyingfour1932
    [link] [comments]

    Did the Two Sicilies get a new flag this patch? Can't remember it looking anywhere close to this up to now

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 10:49 AM PST

    Why can't I culture shift?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 12:07 AM PST

    Is EU4 just really unoptimised?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 08:28 AM PST

    I've been playing CK3 a lot more recently cause its a lot easier on the eyes and I like the province detail and even on max graphical settings it runs at a solid 30 fps almost all the time and even without fps limiter it can go beyond. But whenever I play EU4 the game chugs sooooo badly and I have no idea why, the only remedy is I force close almost all other applications in my task manager and that gets it to an at least runnable standard but even still its so laggy and slow when I'd expect it to be a lot faster. please correct me if I'm wrong but I'd figured that CK3 as a game with significantly more HD textures n shades n stuff like that would run slower than EU4 which is frankly a lot less graphically appealing. I know obviously EU4 has a shit tonne more provinces and nations to account for but I didnt think that would make that big of a deal considering the sheer difference in graphical fidelity between the two. Its a shame cause I love this game and the time period is much more interesting to me than any other paradox games but I'm slowly losing motivation yo keep playing cause its so damn slow. Idk maybe I'm wrong and stupid I have no background in computers n stuff like that so forgive me if I got anything wrong, I'd really appreciate a more knowledgeable person's perspective.

    submitted by /u/nas_j
    [link] [comments]

    Peaceful Switzerlake

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 01:18 PM PST

    The battle of Constaniople was so close that my vassal decided to kill itself

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 11:02 AM PST

    This was not Worth the Effort.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 01:17 PM PST

    I really wish the game had an auto chase feature.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 04:11 PM PST

    I just spent too much in game time chasing an ottoman stack all the way from the middle east to Groningen in my Germany game which is the most tedious task imaginable. Constantly clicking to try to anticipate where they will go whilst you're trying to focus on the main area of engagement/siege.

    You have to commit more troops than actually required to trap them because of their omniscient movement skills.

    I would love to be able to select an enemy stack, then one of mine and click "chase" to automate this process. It just gets rid of an annoying chore than doesn't make the game more difficult, just boring.

    submitted by /u/aaronod
    [link] [comments]

    I finally did it. 496 hours, first world conquest.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 08:06 PM PST

    I spawned colonialism as Ashikaga!

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 07:38 PM PST

    Why you always have to be like this?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 12:24 PM PST

    Nobody expects the Irish Reformation!

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 06:49 AM PST

    True Heir of Timur (fully stable, first attempt, yes I am very proud of myself)

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 10:20 PM PST

    Colonizing The World - Portugal WC

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 01:34 PM PST

    Wow its almost as if the ottomans were one of the biggest historical regional powers in eu4s timeline and therefore there are mission trees to fight against them

    Posted: 14 Dec 2021 09:50 AM PST

    [Flexing] Here is my first WC! OneTag and OneFaith as Castille -> Spain -> Roman Empire

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 10:31 AM PST

    It's always nice being the cause for the end of the ottomans

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 02:29 PM PST

    My prussia game of 1544 (1 year before a coalition war and the file got corrupted :( )

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 05:09 AM PST

    Rate my bordergore

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 12:55 AM PST

    Pirate Confederacy UK

    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 08:20 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment