• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 2, 2021

    EU4 'Which country, what year, how well?' weekly thread : November 02 2021

    EU4 'Which country, what year, how well?' weekly thread : November 02 2021


    'Which country, what year, how well?' weekly thread : November 02 2021

    Posted: 02 Nov 2021 09:00 AM PDT

    In this thread, you can post a maps from your games, and other players can try to guess who you're playing, what year it is, and any other info you specify. Please only post maps in top-level comments. Such posts outside this thread will be removed by the moderators. [Click here](https://www.reddit.com/r/eu4/search?q=author%3AAutoModerator+AND+%22Which+country%22&restrict\_sr=on&sort=new&t=all) to see past threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Just noticed how many hours I happen to have

    Posted: 02 Nov 2021 03:05 AM PDT

    Obligatory "One Time I Dont Play in Europe"

    Posted: 02 Nov 2021 04:14 AM PDT

    I bet that's not a PU you see every day.

    Posted: 02 Nov 2021 08:19 AM PDT

    Malaya Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere

    Posted: 02 Nov 2021 07:22 AM PDT

    Late Game Lag and Stuttering

    Posted: 02 Nov 2021 04:17 AM PDT

    Development Diary - 2nd of November 2021

    Posted: 02 Nov 2021 07:00 AM PDT

    The Prussian Experience

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 08:06 PM PDT

    Why did the Ottomans join the League War?

    Posted: 02 Nov 2021 09:42 AM PDT

    My British nation is in a somewhat ironic position; I'm in my very first League War, but even though I'm Anglican and never joined a side, I got pulled in by my Catholic Austrian allies. So I'm fighting alongside Catholics against my fellow Protestants. But here's the real question—what the heck are the Ottomans doing here?!? They have no European allies at all, and I can't imagine they got to pick a side at the Council of Trent...I wouldn't complain if they were on my side, but they're fighting alongside the Protestants (again, ironic, because I should be on that side of the war), so I have to try in vain to defend against them. Ottoblob whyyyyyy?

    submitted by /u/Bwest31415
    [link] [comments]

    Cursed Romania

    Posted: 02 Nov 2021 09:39 AM PDT

    Totemism is Severely Underrated

    Posted: 02 Nov 2021 06:15 AM PDT

    I am doing my first North American run ever with the Iroquois. When I read up on the Totemist faith in the beginning I was astounded at how strong it is, and it has lived up to its promise so far. A large part of my surprise was due to how underrated it is in discussions of the comparative merits of different faiths. It usually features in the bottom half of tier lists, and it definitely should not.

    A quick breakdown of the features: for 400 bird mana apiece, you get to turn any ten traits of past leaders permanent. To sweeten the deal even further, your leaders only get a single trait each, but its effect is doubled (most times). If you assume that out of three, on average half of your leader traits are negative, with a double positive trait you actually get better leaders, and your pick of permanent modifiers.

    With my Republican build I am accumulating potential traits super fast, even if I haven't rolled all the ones I am looking for yet. I am currently sporting:

    • +20% Discipline,
    • -2 Unrest,
    • +20% Goods Produced,
    • -10% Idea Cost,
    • +2 Missionary Strength.

    Considering that these can stack if I get a new leader with the same trait, the potential total cumulative effects are enormous! I am still trying to get the Technology, Morale, and Trade Bonuses, but I am debating what the others should be.

    I get that there are major drawbacks to Totemism, like not being able to get PUs, or the total paucity of missionaries, that makes long term total conversion strategies impossible. As far as I can see, 3 Missionaries is the maximum I will be able to get—Religious Ideas, plus policy. Even so, I am rocking over 10% Missionary Strength in the 1600s, so I will be able to keep converting everything for a while.

    submitted by /u/DarkeningHumour
    [link] [comments]

    Spain Campaign going well?

    Posted: 02 Nov 2021 05:15 AM PDT

    Please Help!

    Posted: 02 Nov 2021 07:26 AM PDT

    Nothing weird happening here

    Posted: 02 Nov 2021 11:08 AM PDT

    Tutonic Flying Dutchman

    Posted: 02 Nov 2021 12:06 PM PDT

    Why is my PU subject not moving? They haven't moved their army from the same province since the start of the war

    Posted: 02 Nov 2021 11:29 AM PDT

    The pope is gonna ask a hell of a lot of questions to the knights

    Posted: 02 Nov 2021 12:53 PM PDT

    What are the ways of decreasing separatist uprisings in Ireland (or even in general)?

    Posted: 02 Nov 2021 04:07 AM PDT

    Hey there,

    Trying to conquer the british isles here as Scotland here. What I usually do is conquer most of Ireland and create one or two vassals so that the culture difference doesn't bring up more separatist rebels. I usually diplo annex them later, to take on England afterwards.

    Nevertheless, separatists often rise up and I just can't afford the manpower and ducats to fight ten times 7k separatist stacks, it's just too much.

    So:

    • Are there other ways of decreasing separatism, besides lowering war exhaustion and increasing autonomy?
    • Is manually decreasing war exhaustion and increasing autonomy worth it, if at all?
    • Should I forget about creating the vassals and just core the hell out of Ireland?

    Thanks for the answers!

    submitted by /u/MosquitoSprays
    [link] [comments]

    I was looking through my old save file and decided to look at Asia, shouldn't have done that.

    Posted: 02 Nov 2021 10:33 AM PDT

    Comrade Lunin, leader of the revolution!

    Posted: 02 Nov 2021 08:18 AM PDT

    What should I do about this event?

    Posted: 02 Nov 2021 11:34 AM PDT

    What do I do??

    Posted: 02 Nov 2021 10:07 AM PDT

    I started a new game as Muscovy to try to get some more experience and I've gotten to 1560 and conquered all of Novgorod, annexed some vassals and eaten up a lot of smaller nations, I also took some land from Kazan and after a war with the Great Horde, both Denmark and Poland declared on me and it doesn't seem like I can make it through this, what do I do??

    submitted by /u/sacred-vegetarian
    [link] [comments]

    I have turned Portugal into an abomination

    Posted: 02 Nov 2021 01:51 PM PDT

    Could someone explain this? I am a newbie and playing as a totemist cree nation and the totemists that Im colonising wants to leave their old faith to convert to mine, but we are both of the same religion?!

    Posted: 02 Nov 2021 11:25 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment