• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 19, 2021

    EU4 Finally

    EU4 Finally


    Finally

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 06:47 AM PDT

    So... I'm new to this game but..

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 12:57 AM PDT

    How the f**k it made me play up to 3 a.m. without me noticing it?

    Edit: got conquered by Ming empire in 1736 :(

    submitted by /u/Karatus90
    [link] [comments]

    An amazing start as Castile, What should I do now?

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 09:22 AM PDT

    Do you think it is still possible to form the Roman Empire at this rate?

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 03:54 AM PDT

    Ultimate Holy Roman Empire drawing at eu4 start date!

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 02:16 AM PDT

    Roughly 2,7% of Europe's 1600 population died in this war. Catholics won.

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 11:17 AM PDT

    Why is my force limit so low?

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 12:38 AM PDT

    As Russian as it can get

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 08:17 AM PDT

    There are always things that suprise me in eu4.

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 10:05 AM PDT

    Don’t know, feels wrong Al-Andalus formed but only one province in Spain is Muslim.

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 12:28 AM PDT

    Weird bug with transport causing entire army to delete itself

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 04:53 AM PDT

    I didn't know that there was a Beta version of Israel in the middle of Ethiopia...

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 03:44 AM PDT

    Today's episode of "Silly Achievements": Carthago Delenda Est, where you have to bankrupt yourself 11 times in one year.

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 01:52 AM PDT

    Saladin's Legacy

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 04:45 AM PDT

    Austrian Serene Doge Adolf, the Naive Enthusiast. The Age too. I can't.

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 03:37 AM PDT

    My heir died during my war to dismantle the Empire. I got a Christmas miracle.

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 12:54 PM PDT

    Kingdom of Jerusalem One Faith (starting as the Knights)

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 12:20 PM PDT

    A thing about boat generals - Discussion - (or "you'll never believe this one simple trick to dominate the waves")

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 01:25 AM PDT

    (TL;DR below)

    Context: I recently played a game as Mali > Caribbean colonial nation > New Providence (because I wanted to get both the Mali 4 colonial nations and the New Providence achievement lines). In the process, I went from competing with Spain for number 1 world power to a tiny island nation trying to grow to become the controller of the Caribbean.

    I dumped all money into buildings and points into development in the Bahamas as Mali, before releasing all colonial nations and playing as my Caribbean nation, then again dumped all possible points into dev and completely tanked my country before releasing and playing as New Providence.

    It wasn't hard to get the Caribbean's rivals to help my war of independence, but not 5 minutes after my freedom (and capture of land), I was attacked. For almost the next 100 years I was attacked by the Americas (Mexico, Brazil and Colombia), then by Spain, then by France, then by the Americas, Spain, the Americas again and Spain again.

    I won every war because they declared wars of conquest of my capital and I focused my ideas and advisors on naval dominance. Along the way, I noticed something about mid-late game navies that I hadn't realised before in spite of my 2000+ hours in the game, which I thought was cool and worth sharing.

    Main Point: boat generals' (admirals') stats are actually more effective than you might realise - I often thought the first two categories of pips were key in battle (with slight priority on the first as it's the first phase of the battle), with maneuver just defining the speed across the map and the siege pips being almost useless. As a matter of fact, I found my naval battles were primarily won by my high maneuver admiral, rather than my more combat focussed admiral (from memory, I had a 3/4/0/1 and a 1/1/5/2 admiral, against the Spanish 2/2/2/0).

    What I originally noticed was that despite my higher combat admiral and my slightly better moral (6.95 v my 7.2), I barely won. I would lose multiple ships and my moral would barely hold longer than theirs.

    Then I looked at the combat screen and noticed that the Spanish, with their higher maneuver, were able to bring 2-3 more heavies into range (16 v my 14).

    I then swapped to my high maneuver admiral and started stomping the Spanish fleets, despite the lower combat stats (none of the other navies could remotely match me). The primary difference I noticed was that now I was bringing more ships to the fight (17 v 15) and I was losing fewer (more could retreat, resulting also in less moral loss). Also I could now more quickly finish battles, which meant I sunk their transport boats faster, their war weariness climbed faster as they lost thousands of troops to the ocean and my ships remained more healthy because I could more comfortably get back to port for a repair tick.

    This one change made my run from a tough slog to a really fun experience, with a full on "bring it on" attitude every time they declared again.

    I know people say 'boats don't win wars in EU4', but in the right context it can make such a difference. I am now considering challenging myself as Venice or the Knights against the Ottomans with this new knowledge.

    Discussion question: Does anyone else have some interesting insights into naval mechanics in EU4?

    (yes I know they are called admirals 😆, it's a joke)

    TL;DR: Admiral maneuver pips can be worth more combat value than combat pips in the right context, letting you dominate the waves, the ocean crossings, the beach landings and the straits.

    Also my apologies for formatting, I'm on mobile.

    submitted by /u/Xzander3
    [link] [comments]

    What a bunch of hippies!

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 06:29 AM PDT

    Corruption needs a rework

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 10:06 AM PDT

    Corruption needs a rework

    Up until now corruption has really only been relevant in these distinct situations:

    1. Manchu Banners - gain corruption for troops
    2. Mandate of Heaven - corruption reduces monthly mandate
    3. Debasing currency - basically a loan where you can adjust monthly interest
    4. States & Territories cap - since been reworked to Governance cap without using corruption

    There are minor events and of course overextension but these rarely cause any significant trouble for me.

    I'm not a historian but I believe that a lot of people were corrupt, at least in the modern day sense. It's certainly played a huge role in Imperial China's court culture and fuedalism and nepotism also go hand in hand. I think having 0 corruption is unattainable in these times and also kind of part of how soceity functioned. What would make sense to me is that corruption would start at 50 and you could go either way, with bonuses and maluses increasing or decreasing, somewhat similar to piety. For example:

    I just pulled these numbers out of my ass but I would go for a \"it makes bureacracy easier\" vibe. Maybe some monthly Mandate for the Emperor.

    What I would find really satisfying is having to juggle it because both sides have their use. Will you go completely corrupt because events are more likely to give you money or will you go pure as a saint so you can efficiently use your provinces' productivity? Some events could also have different options depending on how corrupt you are, for instance when bribing the pope. At high corruption, estates might resort to bribes much more often, and maybe appointing those -50% advisors that keep being suggested to you by your spouse might be kinda corrupt... or at least that's how the public sees it.

    At least it will not be a dead modifier that takes up time when you move your eyes from Stability to Prestige. Let me know what you think are good modifiers for corruption.

    submitted by /u/Divineinfinity
    [link] [comments]

    The Ottomans are now a Greek Catholic Duchy and vassals to Venice: THE ULTIMATE HUMILIATION!

    Posted: 18 Aug 2021 08:07 PM PDT

    Putting Down the Pretenders

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 10:34 AM PDT

    Burgundy Inherited!

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 12:46 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment