• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 27, 2021

    EU4 'Which country, what year, how well?' weekly thread : July 27 2021

    EU4 'Which country, what year, how well?' weekly thread : July 27 2021


    'Which country, what year, how well?' weekly thread : July 27 2021

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 10:00 AM PDT

    In this thread, you can post a maps from your games, and other players can try to guess who you're playing, what year it is, and any other info you specify. Please only post maps in top-level comments. Such posts outside this thread will be removed by the moderators. [Click here](https://www.reddit.com/r/eu4/search?q=author%3AAutoModerator+AND+%22Which+country%22&restrict\_sr=on&sort=new&t=all) to see past threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    One click and I'm finally debt free!

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 02:52 AM PDT

    After 1000 Hours: The most satisfying click in Eu4

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 01:01 AM PDT

    Cursed

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 09:42 AM PDT

    What mechanic did you learn way too late?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 02:45 AM PDT

    I'll go first 1200 hours in I thought I had a decent grip on most of the games mechanics. All except navy where I would constantly see my fleets getting rolled mid to late game then I saw the upgrade ships button on the fleet menu and and it dawned on me that I was essentially tryna fight British frigates with canoes.

    submitted by /u/babaziyad
    [link] [comments]

    Current EU4 Speedrunning World Records on Speedrun.com

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 06:37 AM PDT

    My queen Christina, my heir, the future queen Christina, and my advisor, the real life queen Kristina.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 02:21 AM PDT

    Rate my dutch campaign.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 04:33 AM PDT

    Why can’t I add those provinces into the HRE ?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 11:27 AM PDT

    What is this? someone explain pls.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 07:45 AM PDT

    The True Goal of the Reformation

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 09:26 AM PDT

    Why in gods name would you change to Theocracy?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 09:08 AM PDT

    In my current playthrough as Japan, I though I'd switch it up a bit. I've played enough monarchies, so I decided to turn into a theocracy.

    I want to get the achievement for embracing the manufactories institution after 5 years, so I thought the "-5 dev cost" would be nice.

    But then. Intead of having good rulers and being able to disinherit them, you get appointed a random ruler (1/1/0). you can then select an heir, but no way to see their stats (2/0/2).

    Damnit!
    I need those monarch points.

    Anyways. Please tell me. Any good reasons, at all, to change into a theocracy?

    If "because in gods name", is your only answer.. Please don't bother :p

    submitted by /u/FreePanther
    [link] [comments]

    They told me I shouldn't be Cilli...

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 04:22 AM PDT

    (Anbennar mod) A Map of the Second Empire of Aul-Dwarov. Rebuilt from ruins, reforged from ashes. (c. 1756)

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 07:38 AM PDT

    A project to rework judaism

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 11:29 AM PDT

    Me and several other EU4 players have started a project to make recommendations on how to improve judaism. Seeing as its the last religion (except animism) without any mechanics or special features.

    Our main post on the forum is here:

    https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/a-collaborative-effort-to-reform-judaism.1483323/

    And if you think jewish needs a rework please head over and support us with a like or upvote.

    If you have your own ideas on how to rework judaism we're still actively working, so you can send us a message or leave a comment. Preferably on the PDX forum, but here too.

    If your really interested, were open to expanding the team.

    submitted by /u/B-Boy_Shep
    [link] [comments]

    What's the play here?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 10:20 AM PDT

    The year is 1642 A.D. Byzantium is entirely occupied by the Turks. Well not entirely! One small island of indomitable Greeks still holds out against the invaders.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 03:19 AM PDT

    Defender of the Faith is the single most stupid thing I've ever witnessed in a game.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 07:58 AM PDT

    Trying to do a historical Byzantium > borders of Roman Empire > All Greek culture/Orthodox run.

    I've just had this:

    Commonwealth is Defender of the Catholic faith. Beat them.

    Then:

    France is Defender of the Catholic faith. Beat them.

    Commonwealth is Defender of the Catholic faith. Beat them.

    Austria is Defender of the Catholic faith. Beat them.

    Commonwealth is Defender of the Catholic faith. Beat them.

    Portugal is Defender of the Catholic faith. Beat them.

    France is Defender of the Catholic faith. Beat them.

    Commonwealth is Defender of the Catholic faith. Beat them.

    All in a row.

    But now I'm too demoralised to continue. I can seemingly fully occupy the Commonwealth, take all their money + war reps and they'll still just buy back Defender of the Faith. It's absolutely insane. Let alone early game when you want to expand into Albania and France has picked up Defender of the Faith, but even late game it makes the game genuinely unplayable as an Orthodox country.

    I'm increasingly convinced that Paradox don't even bother playing their games to understand player experience. Defender of the Faith should be valid for the Age of Reformation or against Heathens, nothing else. It's single handedly the worst thing I've ever seen in a game when I continually have to fight Great Powers to attack 1 province Parma...

    I seriously think I'm done with this game for good.

    submitted by /u/C_A_Gr
    [link] [comments]

    AI Ottomans would rather ruin my game than defend against Mamluk-Balkan coalition

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 11:24 AM PDT

    All Spanish achievements in one run.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 06:58 AM PDT

    My Basilus, theres rumors that Venice army favors Cephalonia as their holiday destination

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 01:20 PM PDT

    I've gotten the majority of the existing EU4 achievements!

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 10:54 AM PDT

    Naming of colonies

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 05:59 AM PDT

    My Prussia containment zone for "A Pheasant Strut"

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 05:53 AM PDT

    Is there a mod to prevent non-european nations from colonizing?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 12:34 PM PDT

    Is there any mod that prevents non-european nations from colonizing? I did find historical colonization which is nice if I'm playing as Japan or someone. But I was doing a scenario in which I converted my CK3 Roman Empire to EU4, and I would like to prevent Ming or the' 'Arabian Empire' from taking over the Africa and the entire pacific.

    submitted by /u/Wickopher
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment