• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 25, 2021

    EU4 "Sounds good, set it up"

    EU4 "Sounds good, set it up"


    "Sounds good, set it up"

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 09:14 AM PDT

    Hey, DLC subscrition can you move a little bit to the side im trying to read the mod thing

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 07:38 AM PDT

    AI Qing next to Ming in 1640

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 02:52 AM PDT

    POV: You have an opinion on twitter

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 08:24 PM PDT

    Full Core WC + One Culture - 1.30.4 (very hard / no horde or vassal swarm)

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    I feel like Paradox is at this point just pranking everyone with how poorly balanced their updates are.

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 02:37 AM PDT

    Emperor was a mess at launch where you could form the HRE in 1500 very easily but they managed to fix everything. Right now I watched a few Youtubers playing Leviathan and it assures me that Paradox does not test anything. In the current version a late game capital usually doesn't ever even get to 70 Development but in this update you can get 3200 development in one province with the concentrate development mechanic (which Zlewikk has already done). How is this balanced? Why do native americans get like 50 dev provinces? Why are the monuments so strong? Why are the favors so unbalanced and easy to abuse? I feel like Paradox is starting to move away from semi-historical strategy games and instead making everything an easy to play map painter because instead of making more features which are complex in their own way they are just making everything already in the game easier to exploit. This is actually starting to drive me away from EU4. when 1.31 drops I am definitely staying on 1.30 for a while.

    submitted by /u/PolishPotato69
    [link] [comments]

    AI somehow made a 102 development Munich

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 09:35 AM PDT

    You can run but...

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 07:52 AM PDT

    1.30 Longest Trade Route

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 11:26 AM PDT

    [1.30.06] Nobody, in the entire game, has ever took Naval ideas.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 11:01 PM PDT

    Glorious Quebec Empire

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 10:36 PM PDT

    Used call to arms exploit during a defensive war, was not Dissapointed.

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 07:13 AM PDT

    Lion League

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 09:26 AM PDT

    [1.30.06] 1M income as Germany without temporary mission modifiers

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 04:16 AM PDT

    I am excited but worried about Leviathan

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 05:00 AM PDT

    So Leviathan finally comes out on tuesday. We've been waiting for a long time and I am very excited for it to drop. Or at least I was until this morning. Now I'm a bit worried.

    I watched the First Look / QA with Groogy, and the various early access videos by Eu4 Youtubers. It seems many new features are pretty unbalanced and exploitable, it's basically the common theme of those videos. And yes, it's "hot code", not the final build... But then I think back to the Emperor release and I think we are in for a few weeks/months of extremely unbalanced games.

    If you read between lines in the First Look video, especially when answering player questions, I think they are trying to add too many things too quickly, and the devs know it (listen to Groogy's answers). As much as I loved Emperor, I got the feeling that many features were not completely thought through, and I'm getting the same feeling here.

    I really hope time proves me wrong, but I don't really like how this looks. In a way, it was fun to to dumb "Restored HRE in 10 years" runs, but I'd rather have a properly balanced and thought out expansion from the release date, and not have to wait 3 patches to get a playable game.

    What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/juakofz
    [link] [comments]

    As someone who plays exclusively single player, I am excited for Leviathan despite the exploits.

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 11:12 AM PDT

    This is single player only as I realize broken mechanics and exploits can ruin a multiplayer game. Some of the early complaints around Leviathan center on how OP concentrate development is, and it almost certainly is, but I doubt the AI is going to use it (at least to not to an absurd level). So the only nation, in a single player game, that will use it that way is the player. And I'm excited to use it and exploit it, it seems like fun for a game or two. Then if I get bored of it, I could, you know, just not do that. I play the game to have fun and this seems like a fun mechanic, if way unbalanced, and I am glad they added it even if they are going to nerf it in the future. Also the monuments add interesting objectives to capture. The tribal dev might actually make natives not just fun to play, but also at least some what of a challenge to conqueror, instead of the tiny paper armies they currently have. Not to mention all the great content in SEA. I'm excited for Leviathan exploits and all.

    submitted by /u/07SpaceManSpiff1911
    [link] [comments]

    Cursed

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 11:28 AM PDT

    Cursed

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 04:59 AM PDT

    That is the most pyrrhic victory i've ever seen.

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 04:58 AM PDT

    Features of the upcoming DLC seem out of place and antithetical to the "play tall" theme.

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 11:04 AM PDT

    Context: I love EU4, I played too many hours of it, and I generally bought and enjoyed the DLCs that came out so far. I also love playing tall, or at least playing with well pruned, shapely borders. So this upcoming Leviathan DLC with the theme of playing tall initially got me very excited.

    I will still try out this DLC before I truly make up my mind, but having watched few of the content videos from various Youtubers who got it early, my impressions is that this DLC is cursed at a fundamental level.

    For starters, let's point out that there's no new mechanic introduced to model a well consolidated, cohesive, developed states like the Netherlands. There's still just the dev, autonomy and cultural acceptance. And maybe the trade goods but that's immutable so it's doesn't offer meaningful provincial interactions. Autonomy and culture barely matter either. You can blob hard and still accept most cultures in your border and have 0% autonomy in your provinces. There still isn't any real advantage to keeping your state concentrated. The only advantage I can think of is that it's easier to accept institutions, but barely. In contrast, combat mechanic is almost overloaded with modifiers and bonuses that overlap in nature, and you can actually have a "tall" army!

    Instead what we're getting is concentrate and pillage dev features. Which are not play tall features. They are play wide features. They are antithetical to the playing tall style of focusing on getting your provinces developed by getting your dev costs low, getting strong allies, and focusing on stability and trade. Not only are they not "play tall" features, they make what few "play tall" features we have such as taking the econ idea group meaningless. Why would you even bother taking the economic ideas for the dev cost reduction when you'll never develop your capital to 100+ dev that way? Just go full military and pillage all day, every day. Never stop warring. Pillage capitals, get subjects, have vast swath of territories that are only useful as dev farms for your now 200 dev capital.

    And what exactly is happening here anyway when you pillage a capital? I feel like this feature is straight out of the Roman empire. In the EU4 timeframe provincial dev represents farmland, craftsmen, merchants, roads, workshops, etc. Are we enslaving craftsmen from London and taking their textile workshops home when we pillage? Are we taking the roads and farmland home? What is this feature modeling exactly?

    Why can't we have more bonus for having higher average dev, and higher % of primary culture in our state instead of this. It looks like this DLC will only reinforces the idea that there's only one thing to do in EU4, which is to smash that [declare war] button.

    submitted by /u/october73
    [link] [comments]

    My new leader. Oh my god

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 03:50 AM PDT

    I bet you that I can guess what emotion France is feeling with this map placement

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 01:03 AM PDT

    Finally got 1444 hours

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 12:01 PM PDT

    King-Elector of All the Ussias!

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 10:32 AM PDT

    Well now I've seen it all

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 01:03 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment