• Breaking News

    Monday, March 29, 2021

    EU4 The Imperial Council - /r/eu4 Weekly General Help Thread: March 29 2021

    EU4 The Imperial Council - /r/eu4 Weekly General Help Thread: March 29 2021


    The Imperial Council - /r/eu4 Weekly General Help Thread: March 29 2021

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 06:00 AM PDT

    Please check our previous Imperial Council thread for any questions left unanswered

     

    Welcome to the Imperial Council of r/eu4, where your trusted and most knowledgeable advisors stand ready to help you in matters of state and conquest.

    This thread is for any small questions that don't warrant their own post, or continued discussions for your next moves in your Ironman game. If you'd like to channel the wisdom and knowledge of the master tacticians of this subreddit, and more importantly not ruin your Ironman save, then you've found the right place!

    Important: If you are asking about a specific situation in your game, please post screenshots of any relevant map modes (diplomatic, political, trade, etc) or interface tabs (economy, military, ideas, etc). Please also explain the situation as best you can. Alliances, army strength, ideas, tech etc. are all factors your advisors will need to know to give you the best possible answer.

     


    Tactician's Library:

    Below is a list of resources that are helpful to players of all skill levels, meant to assist both those asking questions as well as those answering questions. This list is updated as mechanics change, including new strategies as they arise and retiring old strategies that have been left in the dust. You can help me maintain the list by sending me new guides and notifying me when old guides are no longer relevant!

    Getting Started

    New Player Tutorials

    Administration

    Diplomacy

    Military

    Trade

     


    Country-Specific Strategy

     


    Misc Country Guides Collections

     


    Advanced/In-Depth Guides

     


    If you have any useful resources not currently in the tactician's library, please share them with me and I'll add them! You can message me or mention my username in a comment by typing /u/Kloiper

    Calling all imperial councillors! Many of our linked guides pre-Dharma (1.26) are missing strategy regarding mission trees. Any help in putting together updated guides is greatly appreciated! Further, if you're answering a question in this thread, chances are you've used the EU4 wiki and know how valuable a resource it can be. When you answer a question, consider checking whether the wiki has that information where you would expect to find it, and adding to the wiki if it does not. In fact, anybody can help contribute to the wiki - a good starting point is the work needed page. Before editing the wiki, please read the style guidelines for posting.

    submitted by /u/Kloiper
    [link] [comments]

    You did not expect Spain in eastern Europe!

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 07:47 AM PDT

    Ever had a truly perfect siege?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 11:19 PM PDT

    First and probably only Gothic Invasion achievement run

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 08:35 AM PDT

    What if Moses took his seat on the throne

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 03:38 AM PDT

    Now THAT'S a proper League War.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 09:02 AM PDT

    Don't like boats, so I went on a hike.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 12:45 PM PDT

    EU4 Fort System is 3deep5us

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 11:19 AM PDT

    I am a few hours away from hitting a 1000 hours in this game, and I just found out you can manually change your trade's direction.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 02:36 PM PDT

    This is just, I don't know where to begin. This has blown my mind so hard.

    I have been playing the game for over a year now, and a lot. I have obtained achievements like 'That's a Silk Road' 'Masters of India', the British and the Spanish mission tree etc..

    I have watched SO maybe extensive videos about trade, trade steering, all their modifiers, production efficiency etc etc etc, and I never knew with the click of a button you can send your trade to another node.

    How did I find out? I was finishing up my 'Great Britain' game where I achieved the Masters of India achievement, quite proud of this I shared my screen on discord to my brother who also plays the game a lot but, has (his own words) way less in depth knowledge of the game. As I was showing him how I was doing in the Trade Map mode, he noted that all my money in the Gujarat node went to Hormuz and then disappeared, he of course asked my what was up.I explained": My trade flowed to Hormuz, so I had to conquer more land there to collect efficiently from it, since you cannot decide where your trade flows to." My Brother: "Yes you can, just click on the blue arrow."

    My. Mind. Has. Been. Smashed to pieces you wouldn't believe.

    In the end I never really missed this feature, because the game does a very okay job in sending your trade to the correct nodes, but with this knowledge I can do so much more, and make so much more money .. the funniest thing to me is that I know so much about this intricate system, through a lot of research and NEVER have I read, heard or seen this incredibly basic mechanic before.

    I guess you do learn something new every time in this game .. I thought that learning about the fact that high War Exhaustion drives up the price for coring was the last huge fact I would learn .. Now I'm not so sure what this game still has to offer.

    Stay safe and good luck discovering all depths of this game!

    TL;DR

    I have almost played a 1000 hours in EU4, and have done a lot to know as much as I could about the trade system, however I only just learned one of the most basic (and a very big) mechanic of manually steering your trade, and I'm just dumbfounded.

    submitted by /u/RubenGirbe
    [link] [comments]

    First time forming Germany

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 11:41 AM PDT

    My vassal Scotland has spies in my country?! My king says Scottish cheese is amazing??! And he gets sent some free cheese.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 12:01 PM PDT

    Mare Nostrum - you may not like it, but i do 'cause it was such a pain to micromanage and exploit allies

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 12:56 AM PDT

    If she breathes, she's a...

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 12:20 PM PDT

    Castile can into Andalusia

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 10:26 AM PDT

    Cool Victorian Three campaign

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 09:10 AM PDT

    Are u lost granada ???

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 12:28 PM PDT

    Serbia as 3rd Rome(lazarus)

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 09:59 AM PDT

    Oh...Um... Was this why the Protestants were mad?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 03:09 PM PDT

    What am I suppose to do now? Do now just restart?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 02:14 PM PDT

    Suffering From Success

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 09:07 AM PDT

    Still better than current med east borders

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 12:13 PM PDT

    RIP 2Pac | All eyez on me

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 06:48 AM PDT

    My Prester John/A Blessed Nation run as Ethiopia. It ain't pretty, but it works

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 01:26 PM PDT

    First time playing outside of Europe

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 11:57 AM PDT

    First World Conquest after 1,300 hours as Austria in 1810!

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 04:21 PM PDT

    The overlap of users of r/europe and r/eu4.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 02:09 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment