• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 25, 2020

    EU4 Felt cute might delete later idk

    EU4 Felt cute might delete later idk


    Felt cute might delete later idk

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 02:23 AM PST

    Made with Austrian salt

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 02:14 PM PST

    Ottos, you're doing it terribly wrong mate

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 06:27 AM PST

    The longest siege in history

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 08:29 AM PST

    Forming Spain in the tutorial makes you lose the game

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 01:54 AM PST

    Only Sumatra remains until I control ALL THE SPICES!!!

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 10:32 PM PST

    The cleanest AI colony split I've seen

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 06:07 AM PST

    The Great Khan

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 07:37 AM PST

    danzig is an opm.. in riga..

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 12:03 AM PST

    Coalitions go brrrrr

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 01:51 PM PST

    Battle of Regensburg was mighty

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 09:27 AM PST

    Finished Campaign as Francia, Missions Expanded, 1821

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 01:39 PM PST

    Holiest Roman Empire

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 09:27 AM PST

    Ah yes, Mohamedism, one of the early sects of christianity, like Lutheranism and Calvinism.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 08:48 AM PST

    Ah sh*t, here we go again.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 02:04 PM PST

    First ever Mare Nostrum after 1400 hours!

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 11:40 PM PST

    I know it's not much but after 3,000+ hours I was finally able to 1v1 the Turks.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 02:56 PM PST

    How do I finish the Third Way?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 11:21 AM PST

    My opinions in cultures in EU4

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 02:33 AM PST

    Disclaimer : I use the world culture a lot

    The EU4 culture system is actually boring, let me explain.

    I recently reformed the roman empire as Italy, and to be fair i was kind of disappointed. As soon as i formed it, it changed my excellent latin culture group to the "forgotten" culture group. Okay, what does it offers ?

    Nothing, it just makes me accept less cultures, the only province's cultures that flipped were the ones of my ex-principal culture (in my case napolitan). What is the point of that ? The mighty roman empire ? With only 10 roman provinces ? And NOT EVEN ROME ? I firstly thought it'll flip all the cultures in my culture group, not just ONE. The roman culture system of CK2 is absolutely better. (For the one who don't dont, it flips provinces cultures progressivly in your empire just like would do a center of reform).

    After thinking about this for a while, i realised it could be extended to the entire culture system of EU4. It's bland. Nothing can change unless you act for it to change which is incredibly boring. The only interesting cultural flip I remember are the colonial cultures (brazilian, mexican and american).

    In real life, the cultures change by themselves for the most part, because migrations, mixes, religion and all. The political entities have of course power over cultures, but everything related to culture dont happens because a governement did it.

    CK2 for me as a way better culture system. Sure it is inconsistant and sometimes doesnt makes any sense (because cultures flips are caused by the culture of the detentor of the province so you'll sometime find random Norse peoples in Morocco). But its never boring. The amount of cultures you can create (like the english one, the norman one, the iberics ones etc etc) is fascinating, and bring a lot more diversity to the game.

    The ideal system for me ?

    Take the CK2 culture system, but applies it to EU4. Add more natural culture flips. Like, if an Occitan province is ruled by France, with a Francien Province next to it, it should be able to flip to Francien. Keep the culture converting mechanic, as it makes the culture system more consistant. And finally, ALLOW US TO CREATE MORE CULTURE. I know the period isnt particulary adapted to the creation of new cultures, but at least allow us to bring back old cultures. Like, for exemple, if a greek nation hold an egyptian provinces which is either coptic or orthodox, it could flip back to coptic. If a danish/norwegian nation hold a celtic or english province, it could flip back to anglo saxon...

    We should too be able to form new cultures via events or decision, like ancient persian if we fully convert to zoroastrian as Persia (flipping every iranic culture group province back to ancient persian). Or maybe recreate the Norse culture if forming Scandinavia.

    It would gave an utility to the forgotten culture group, and bring a lot more diversity among the cultures in a game clearly designed around culture, or at least more than CK2.

    Thats it for now, just tell me your thoughts in the comments if you got anything to add or to argue.

    I'll excuse myself in advance for my broken english, as it is not my native language.

    submitted by /u/gryfalis
    [link] [comments]

    Cursed European Dynasties

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 02:51 AM PST

    [1.30] Colonial Poland/Commonwealth Guide

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 06:00 AM PST

    I have a proof that MacDonald was invented by SCOTS!

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 11:21 AM PST

    Doesn't Russia grow a bit too fast?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 11:45 AM PST

    I started a new game after a pretty long break(nearly 2 years since my last serious game) and I noticed that Muscovy was already huge by 1505. They conquered nearly all of the steppe tribes, went well into Urals and have more troops than anyone except Ming.

    I know Russia is supposed to be strong but I would expect them reach that size by mid 1600 not 1505.(Looking at historical maps Russia only became that big in late 1500s)

    I know EU4 is not super historical but it's pretty weird seeing Russia get so big so early.

    submitted by /u/Cas_D
    [link] [comments]

    Best burgundian succession crisis

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 02:46 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment