• Breaking News

    Monday, October 11, 2021

    EU4 The Imperial Council - /r/eu4 Weekly General Help Thread: October 11 2021

    EU4 The Imperial Council - /r/eu4 Weekly General Help Thread: October 11 2021


    The Imperial Council - /r/eu4 Weekly General Help Thread: October 11 2021

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 06:00 AM PDT

    Please check our previous Imperial Council thread for any questions left unanswered

     

    Welcome to the Imperial Council of r/eu4, where your trusted and most knowledgeable advisors stand ready to help you in matters of state and conquest.

    This thread is for any small questions that don't warrant their own post, or continued discussions for your next moves in your Ironman game. If you'd like to channel the wisdom and knowledge of the master tacticians of this subreddit, and more importantly not ruin your Ironman save, then you've found the right place!

    Important: If you are asking about a specific situation in your game, please post screenshots of any relevant map modes (diplomatic, political, trade, etc) or interface tabs (economy, military, ideas, etc). Please also explain the situation as best you can. Alliances, army strength, ideas, tech etc. are all factors your advisors will need to know to give you the best possible answer.

     


    Tactician's Library:

    Below is a list of resources that are helpful to players of all skill levels, meant to assist both those asking questions as well as those answering questions. This list is updated as mechanics change, including new strategies as they arise and retiring old strategies that have been left in the dust. You can help me maintain the list by sending me new guides and notifying me when old guides are no longer relevant!

    Getting Started

    New Player Tutorials

    Administration

    Diplomacy

    Military

    Trade

     


    Country-Specific Strategy

     


    Misc Country Guides Collections

     


    Advanced/In-Depth Guides

     


    If you have any useful resources not currently in the tactician's library, please share them with me and I'll add them! You can message me or mention my username in a comment by typing /u/Kloiper

    Calling all imperial councillors! Many of our linked guides pre-Dharma (1.26) are missing strategy regarding mission trees. Any help in putting together updated guides is greatly appreciated! Further, if you're answering a question in this thread, chances are you've used the EU4 wiki and know how valuable a resource it can be. When you answer a question, consider checking whether the wiki has that information where you would expect to find it, and adding to the wiki if it does not. In fact, anybody can help contribute to the wiki - a good starting point is the work needed page. Before editing the wiki, please read the style guidelines for posting.

    submitted by /u/Kloiper
    [link] [comments]

    He just refused to wipe... and leaved battle

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 05:08 AM PDT

    I completed a campaign! This time as Sweden

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 06:16 AM PDT

    I hope it will finish this time...

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 08:34 AM PDT

    Got this absolute chad of a general in 1476

    Posted: 10 Oct 2021 09:42 PM PDT

    I just completed my first game ever, I'm so proud of myself for not giving up!! Thanks for all the help and tips :)

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 06:29 AM PDT

    Really now? Really actually?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 09:49 AM PDT

    The biggest blue blob. France one tag after opening with the blue blob achievement

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 02:54 AM PDT

    Why is this fort red?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2021 10:25 PM PDT

    Random OPM in Mexico with 53 DEV?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 06:54 AM PDT

    My Cherokee Gameplay (More in comments)

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 04:13 AM PDT

    What was that one time you got so unlucky in an EU4 run it wasn't even funny?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 03:29 AM PDT

    I'm asking this again to remove the rather assholey analogy I tried first time around. Maybe that will get me more responses.

    submitted by /u/hoi4sam
    [link] [comments]

    Blursed East Asia

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 09:03 AM PDT

    This Stupid Mechanic ruined my nation

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 08:10 AM PDT

    Fun Game

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 10:56 AM PDT

    This looks like a successful crusade

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 08:11 AM PDT

    At this point, Henry, it's you or me

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 08:08 AM PDT

    I have drawn the map on a pumpkin. Spooky Europe Time

    Posted: 10 Oct 2021 04:24 PM PDT

    Yeah, "League"

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 11:09 AM PDT

    Such an asset, this .

    Posted: 10 Oct 2021 11:58 PM PDT

    "My Emperor, we've secured the province!" "What province?" "I...don't know."

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 02:33 PM PDT

    Muscovy...bro why?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 09:14 AM PDT

    I have a tale. A tale of betrayal and tears of blood.

    Mentioned in another thread how I had a Ottoblob problem on my hands playing as Venice. I used alliances to dissuade them from attacking me and it worked too well as I made it to 1530 without a single war between us. Plus side I was safe to focus on terrafirma and some new world exploits. Bad news is that the Ottoman army numbered 75k with 100k in reserve, and a fleet that doubled mine (was not expecting that). My army stood at 36k with 29k in reserve, but I'm Venice. I'm rich as fuck.

    So I built a grand alliance including Venice, Austria, Poland, and the Mamluks. I just started currying favors with the latter two and fabricating claims on the Ottobros. I'm feeling rather good about myself.

    I get surprising news however. Poland requests my aid in a war. It seems the Ottoblob has identified Bessarabia as the next candidate for assimilation. Its a little early as I'm not quite ready yet (my main fleet was being refit and I had some trade fleets scattered) but we were being joined by Lithuania. The Ottobros still had a numerical advantage (Morracco and Tunis were joining them) but I felt reasonably confident.

    Until all of Christendom was betrayed one month into the war.

    Muscovy decided to intervene on the side of the Ottobros. Their army is massive. 58k with 70k in reserve (estimate, not quite sure). My poor allies were sandwiched between enormous demons from hell.

    Unsurprisingly it was a disaster. I was making gains in the Balkans but only because the blobbros were mopping up my allies.

    Still, there was a glimmer of hope. A decade earlier Austria called for a crusade against the ottoblob and it was still active. Surely Christendom would unite?

    Within a few months I received a message from the Pope.

    Could this be what I was waiting for? A message of deliverance? Help was on the way?

    No.

    It was to inform me that I was excommunicated.

    And I could forget about help from Austria. They were locked into a unification war with Bohemia.

    In the end it wasn't quite a disaster and I'd even consider it a win for Venice. Yes we "lost" the war, but the cost to the Ottobros was steep. I bled them to 50k in the field with 24k in reserve, their war exhaustion was thru the roof, I'm sure they had to take out multiple loans, I cut their fleet in half, and now I'm ready to sponsor some rebels. Thought you'd get peace? Nah, Venice's funds are deep as the abyss. Oh and no Catholic nation has yet to heed the Pope's call and declare war on me. My manpower is shot to hell, but I still can afford ~40k in mercs for an emergency.

    Looks like this was only the opening act of the Venetian-Ottoman conflict.

    submitted by /u/ggsimmonds
    [link] [comments]

    Should I not be able to prevent my colony from promoting development?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 10:33 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment