• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 6, 2021

    EU4 Quick update from the 'perfect start' post from a couple days ago

    EU4 Quick update from the 'perfect start' post from a couple days ago


    Quick update from the 'perfect start' post from a couple days ago

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 04:42 AM PST

    Finally Settled the debate about whether Turkey is in Europe or Asia

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 03:30 PM PST

    Timelapse of our 23 player MP game

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 08:03 AM PST

    Sorry, once again please, what's your name?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 06:42 AM PST

    Errrmm, it's purple, but not exactly Burgundy.....

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 04:38 AM PST

    Why doesn't everyone just kill the Africans?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 07:25 AM PST

    They're normally rlly low tech and since devolopment of the area corresponds to the amount of governing capacity now, isn't it better than conquering Europeans with higher tech and probably a bigger army? (Obviously conquering Europeans for control of trade/weakening them still makes sense, I mean just conquering for development's sake)

    submitted by /u/FabulousTry1471
    [link] [comments]

    It may not be that hard from what I've heard but I'm still proud

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 02:24 AM PST

    Got the Burgundian Inheritance as Scotland

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 09:24 AM PST

    TALL Lucca

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 05:11 AM PST

    Anatolia Seljuks? It's America Seljuks now.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 09:36 AM PST

    A Golden Globe and My 2nd WC! Thanks to Everyone Who Followed Along!

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 09:42 AM PST

    God Bless Ioustinianos! He should know what to do!

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 05:09 AM PST

    A Fun and Challenging way to play Eu4

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 10:25 PM PST

    Hello my fellow Eu4 enthusiasts! So, i've been doing this myself for a while now and have had a lot of fun with it. I've always been an advocate of randomness in gaming. I feel like it can give you a sense of freshness and it challenges you to work with what you're given by the game. In this case, i tend to play Eu4 like this (sometimes). Here are the methods i use, and if you like them give it a go yourself!

    1. Extended Timeline Mod: I know a lot of people are not fans of this mod, but in this case it will provide you with more options for nations and events .. and many more scenarios around the world.

    2. Go to the RNG on google and put from 58 - 2020 on there, it will give you a random number between the two and whatever number shows is the year you will set your game to. 58AD is the start of the ET mod for those who may have not used it yet.

    3. Once you set your year into the start game, you can have 2 options .. Either simply press the random country button OR go to google earth and press the "i'm feeling lucky button" and it will give you a random place on earth. Whichever chosen for you will be the country you play. Keep in mind that for google earth you might get a place that didn't exist in whatever year you got. To work around this, in-game, choose the historical nation of the area you got.

    For example, i just started a new campaign in 770 with the Empire of Yamato .. I got lucky in this instance because in this era of Japan, Yamato covers the bottom half of Japan. Making it the largest of the other political entities on the Islands with me. If you want to immerse yourself even more, read up the history/geography of what place you got .. you will find a lot of interesting things!!! I feel like this method gives me a new type of game every time, as well as it teaches me a bit about a certain point in history i have never known about before.

    In some cases you might get an OPM, or a smaller nation who's next to an absolute giant .. At this point it is up to you whether you want to challenge yourself that far lol. I've had times where i say "welp fuck it we'll see how this goes", and legitimately 10 mind into playing i get swallowed and it was just a waste of time hahaha.

    1. (Optional) Custom Nation: To make it even MORE interesting, use the google earth to randomly take you to a place on earth. Wherever you get, you must locate said place on the Eu4 map. A lot of the times it will give you a landmark or a building .. All you need to do is know what province said place is in. Once located on Eu4, choose the province as your capital and then the rest is entirely up to you!!

    Anywho, i hope people try this out and have fun with it!! Would love to know how everyone goes with it! Enjoy your day everyone, and Happy New Year!

    submitted by /u/D4ddyF4tS4ck1
    [link] [comments]

    Gotta release em' all!

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 10:50 AM PST

    Think im in the wrong game and missing a certain mod (lol ignore Germany and the Caucuses)

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 10:52 PM PST

    What is the point in this mechanic

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 12:51 PM PST

    I shall surround and consume the HRE

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 06:14 AM PST

    The Burgundian Un-Inheritance

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 12:02 AM PST

    Last time I commit to an allies’ war

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 03:43 PM PST

    Far from home they've wandered

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 03:17 AM PST

    I wont let anyone take you away from me <3

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 10:24 AM PST

    End of my Brandenburg-Prussia-Germany game

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 07:57 AM PST

    End of my Brandenburg-Prussia-Germany game

    This is my first game after not playing for a long time and my first completed Emperor game, i just wanted to showcase it with some interesting things. Also this is the first time ever that I figured out you can add images to text posts on Reddit (RIP my usage of Imgur).

    European Political Map

    As you can see on the image, I unified the German culture, with the exception of western Switzerland.

    Besides Germany proper, 'Polnisches Staat' (fun fact, they have >680 development and a higher force limit than Russia ~200k), Revolutionary Parisian Republic (or as the subject screen likes to call it (Revolutionary Revolutionary Revolutionary Parisian), Denmark, and Nitra are my vassals. At first I didn't care about France but after joining GB's war against France they just gave me a ton of provinces in central France, including Paris. Tuscany is an ottoman vassal (Eww)

    Endgame screen

    As Prussia, I took Many military ideas of course, Administrative ideas for reducing coring costs (important since the AI developed the shit out of Germany), Humanist ideas to avoid rebellions, Trade ideas to fund my army, Influence ideas and Diplomatic ideas to make use of vassals. I ended up with a 1.2 million force limit, 5000 development, 1000 of which was half of my subject's development.

    I turned revolutionary because Revolutionary Turkey spread Rev. ideas to all m provinces and I though "Why not?". Tbh it was necessary since I had to get rid of the -50% GC Prussian monarchy had and I still had the best army even after removing it.

    Diplomatic mapmode (many vassals but no friends since everyone is jealous of my hegemony)

    I freed Nitra, Transylvania and Hungary from the Ottomans (I kept them 100 occupied as long as I could, which may have caused the revolution by the Ottoman people in hindsight) and made Nitra into a vassal I fed land to. I have no colonies whatsoever, except for my vassal Denmark, which has a small Canadian colony. Poland was part of Prussia in my game but I released all West Slavic provinces except Lusatia as a client state to free up Governing Capacity (Prussia's government has a -50 GC penalty). this was also slightly RP as Poland and Bohemia are very developed so I can see it as Prussia not wanting to deal with many angry Poles as nationalism began. Despite me being a republic now, Nitra and Litauen are ruled by Hohenzollerns. I converted this save to Victoria 2 and Poland got released as the 4th great Power.

    The West

    Spain lost colonies in America, which gobbled up land themselves. Cuba is interesting and Paraguay started small but conquered most of South America and is the 7th Great power, ahead of Bahmanis even.

    Mali and Kongo are caught up with tech and were never colonized. The Netherlands is an OPM in the Bahamas. Iceland existed as an independent nation and colonized Vinland, before Denmark got them somehow.

    The East

    Ming still exists despite having 0 MoH for centuries, but Manchu holds Beijing and has comparable development. Pasai is a colonizer in Alaska. Ming also colonized Taiwan and Kamchatka (?)

    Religion

    I downgraded my protestant DoF rank by eating most Protestant nations.

    Dev Map

    Closeup of European development

    submitted by /u/QuitBSing
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment