• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 6, 2020

    EU4 'Which country, what year, how well?' weekly thread : October 06 2020

    EU4 'Which country, what year, how well?' weekly thread : October 06 2020


    'Which country, what year, how well?' weekly thread : October 06 2020

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    In this thread, you can post a maps from your games, and other players can try to guess who you're playing, what year it is, and any other info you specify. Please only post maps in top-level comments.

    Such posts outside this thread will be removed by the moderators.

    Click here to see past threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Name a better duo

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    Ah, yes. The EU4 experience. Chasing a smaller army through your territory that has more maneuver pips than yours.

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 03:38 AM PDT

    I think we can all agree this is bs

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 11:57 AM PDT

    Is this playing the Commonwealth "tall"? (Hard Difficulty, 1721)

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 12:51 PM PDT

    After years of fighting, Armenia is finally free!

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:30 PM PDT

    Well my court cartographer certainly got his hands on some seriously strong stuff

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 06:19 AM PDT

    I'm so proud of Tyrone!...

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 03:25 AM PDT

    Development Diary - 6th of October 2020

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 04:31 AM PDT

    Oh, yes.

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 07:06 AM PDT

    It looks like I pissed quite a few of countries.

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 05:22 PM PDT

    First-ever Successful Ironman Game: Italy

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 09:01 AM PDT

    Gave myself what I thought would not be a hard challenge- and failed badly.

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    While we're on the subject of posting countries with similar countries. I give you: Nepalurids

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 07:28 PM PDT

    Holland explorers do be fast ngl

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 04:04 PM PDT

    Paradox - There's too many blues in Europe, Prussia can't be blue. Also Paradox -

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 06:47 AM PDT

    History class

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 09:58 AM PDT

    Eu4 thank you I'm coasting through my college European history class based purely on information I've absorbed through 1000s of hours of game play.

    submitted by /u/archer313
    [link] [comments]

    My first successful Brandenburg run

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 04:32 AM PDT

    Final map of my Iron Price and Østindisk Kompagni Te campaign

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 09:50 PM PDT

    French AI End HRE in 1587

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 05:05 PM PDT

    "Why do you play a game that makes you miserable?"

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 01:05 AM PDT

    I'm more than 2000 hours into EU4 and have never gotten close to a wc. I don't get enjoyment from min-maxing, but I do like a bit of the old paint-the-map. I thought I'd try a nice and relaxing game of Castile where I'd at least try to get the Master of India and The Rising Sun achievements. Maybe try to get a good start with the Iberian Wedding, Restoration of Union on Portugal, Burgundian Inheritance, and a no-CB Byzantium.

    • I try the No-CB Byzantium, but Ottomans never declare. Fine, just have them as a vassal to deny the Ottomans Constantinople.
    • Fabricate claims on Granada. They have a weak ally, so I stop drilling my armies. Let at least 1 month tick by to regain a bit of morale. Declare war? Nope, they're now allied with my biggest ally.
    • I have a Queen-Consort and Aragon a male ruler, so the Iberian Wedding should fire soon. Nope, their ruler dies and they get a Queen-Consort too.
    • Charles de Bourgogne is heirless until his 40s, never so much as coughs. Then has a weak heir for a few more years, still breathing, but still a chance for me. Then a strong heir.
    • Great opportunity for war with France, with Austria-Hungary on my side and the bulk of French troops sieging Portugal. Get military access to Portugal and on day 1 of the war, send 27k with a decent general against an isolated 7k French army. Their morale lasts forever and just when we both have the slightest sliver left, they get reinforced with 14k and rout me. Then they consolidate in France, stack-wiping the scattered and immobile Austrian armies one by one, soon knocking them out of the war.

    I've 1444'ed so many times and the game punishes everything I do. Maybe my wife is right and I'm masochistic. Maybe a wc is just never going to happen and I should play a tall non-Ironman Landshut game. I don't know anything about Landshut. I'm going to find out about their history, I'm going to look up what modern day region it corresponds to, I'm going to see if they brew a beer I can order. Bye.

    submitted by /u/advancedescapism
    [link] [comments]

    Oh no! Anyway...

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 05:30 PM PDT

    A Hero's Welcome

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 10:47 PM PDT

    Literaly never had a bad ruler in 200+ years of game except for the starting one, the average being 5/4/4. All of this with Mamluk government, so I couldn't even disinherit bad heirs. Am I incredibly lucky or is this linked with the mamlukean government form?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 06:19 AM PDT

    I rushed some gold

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 03:51 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment