• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 13, 2020

    EU4 So I had some ideas for how colonisation might work better, and these ideas snowballed a bit and now I have this giant document for a DLC Idea for EU4.

    EU4 So I had some ideas for how colonisation might work better, and these ideas snowballed a bit and now I have this giant document for a DLC Idea for EU4.


    So I had some ideas for how colonisation might work better, and these ideas snowballed a bit and now I have this giant document for a DLC Idea for EU4.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 07:28 AM PDT

    Bohemia doesn't like itself very much

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 07:32 AM PDT

    Heard You Like Name Placement Here..

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 03:16 AM PDT

    Please stop making me conquer England

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 08:11 PM PDT

    Let's see here, what are the new achievements...

    Stiff upper lip. Lippe. "As Lippe, own all of the British Isles." I chuckle. How clever. Except...

    Something bothers me. No, not the pun. Well, yes, the pun. A little. But something else as well, something more.

    Have I not been here before? A feeling of déjà vu overtakes me, a ripple across the vast and shimmering sea of reality. A sudden, sharp reminder that as we perch atop the water, this endless mirror, far as we can see, our eyes still cannot penetrate those depths.

    I review my notes.

    Home and Away? Well, sure, who doesn't enjoy a rousing game of football. Good reference.

    The Iron Price? The restoration of the Danelaw? Why, that's just historical. Although...for Odin? Is this concept really so enticing it must needs be done twice?

    No, not twice. Despite being neither lucky nor Irish, I have conquered the British Isles yet again, but this time from the west. And, oh, which west? There's Mann as well, with their unexpected seaborne invasion of the Cornish coast.

    Auld Alliance Reversed? Vassalize France as Scotland? I have zero recollection of this entire campaign, but it glows with an unearthly golden aura in my Steam library, marking me. I feel its burning brand even as I remember nothing of its yellow imperial glory. What does it mean? There is nothing, no memory at all. Have I ascended beyond recollection of such a petty conquest, or have I descended so far into madness that I can no longer tell them apart? I know not which.

    But there is more, more, there is always more. You want me to play the Isles now, too? Strike once more, always once more, into the heart of Britain? But why? Why, unless...

    It all becomes clear to me in an instant. My heart quickens, and I am suddenly awake, or alive, more alive than I have ever been. I can smell the mildew outside, every feeling is heightened. There is birdsong.

    Like a twisted version of Ender's Game except actually enjoyable, I have been preparing, have been prepared for this monumental task. The conquest of England. Of course. How could I have been so blind?

    Europa Universalis IV is but a simulator. It declares this openly. It hides in plain sight.

    I achieved them. I achieved them all. Not just Mann, but the Welsh and Kildare too.

    Could the Anglophile achievement be more transparently named? Yes, succeed in their missions. Learn their ways from the inside.

    And now, Lippe. Lippe! An invasion across the channel, a new Sea Lion. Sea Lippe. Sea Lippion. We'll workshop it.

    I awaken in a motel smelling of cheap booze and cigarettes, which is odd because I don't smoke. I hear sirens. When I stand, a scattering of tourist maps are swept to the floor like so many dead leaves. Big Ben's shining face looks up at me, pleading. Imploring.

    I can only turn away. Like Cloud Strife but actually plausible and coherent, my existence is a lie. The very sense of self that I cling to is an illusion. I am but an agent of a greater power, the power of Paradox. I peer surreptitiously through the curtains, bathed in flashing red-blue light.

    I don't know what's coming, not in specifics. I only know that I will feel the call one day, and that I will be powerless to fight it.

    Let England shake, for the Swedes are coming. Resistance is impossible. Their agents are legion, found in every nation of the world. Make peace with this fact.

    The Swedes are coming.

    submitted by /u/OKvamptutor
    [link] [comments]

    This is fine

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 06:17 AM PDT

    I know everyone shits on the dlc and patch right now, but honestly this is the most fun I've ever had playing eu4!

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 12:46 AM PDT

    Legit Unplayable

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 06:38 AM PDT

    what is wrong with my family?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 08:19 AM PDT

    Can't believe they removed the reformation from the game, this is so sad

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 12:16 AM PDT

    Jewish Byzantium!

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 08:57 AM PDT

    1450 HRE is for casuals

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 10:32 PM PDT

    Other Continents can be part of the HRE now

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    Playing as Prussia, not even looking at the new world, and I suddenly see something cursed pop up

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 08:06 AM PDT

    Cursed United States

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 03:33 AM PDT

    So I created a comedic newspaper article loosely tied to EUIV for my friend because I was bored and we were planning on playing EUIV together today (pls don't judge)

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 08:50 PM PDT

    It seems the rebels had a few issues

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 04:50 AM PDT

    AI at its finest

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 05:36 AM PDT

    Sack of Roma, New Event

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 08:38 AM PDT

    So Revolutionary France re-revolutionized back into an Empire... Might want to replace all those heads you lopped off boys

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 05:20 AM PDT

    I didn't know they had traffic in 1499

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 08:28 AM PDT

    So i heard Chin Dynasty expand far away from Asia

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 06:42 AM PDT

    6/5/6 Heir and my first "a beloved heir dies" event. Nice joke i see///PS my 6/6/6 ruler also died in this campaign in 6 years

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 12:53 AM PDT

    Better than Napoleon!

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 11:47 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment