• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 1, 2019

    EU4 Just a reminder to brush your teeth, there's plenty of toothpaste to go around

    EU4 Just a reminder to brush your teeth, there's plenty of toothpaste to go around


    Just a reminder to brush your teeth, there's plenty of toothpaste to go around

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 03:21 AM PST

    If you remember this, your childhood was REALLY awesome

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 03:02 AM PST

    Nahuatl Wales

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 06:13 AM PST

    Fucking beautiful

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 08:47 AM PST

    Missions Expanded 1.8 "Silk & Gunpowder" has been released over 30* mission trees and 6 new formables!

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 05:52 AM PST

    Missions Expanded 1.8 "Silk & Gunpowder" has been released over 30* mission trees and 6 new formables!

    *The amount may vary from ~31-46 depending on how you count

    Hey Mission Tree enthusiasts! I'm u/Stiopa866, the Lead Dev of Missions Expanded and my excitement is out of scale, for today I have the honor of presenting you the new features of our update. If you want to play a game in Caucasia/Persia/Khorasan or Anatolia, this is the best time to do so! Now, without further ado, let's get right into the mission trees.

    Ottomans have been altered

    Hisn Kayfa

    Rum

    Persia

    Trebizond

    Caucasia

    Jerusalem

    Ardabil

    Qir Qoyunlu

    ^ Mission Tree varies whether you form Qir Qoyunlu as Qara or Aq Qoyunlu

    Timurid Princes

    Azerbaijan

    Cyprus (Catholic Variation)

    Karaman

    Armenia

    Kurdistan (Arabian Variation)

    Georgia

    The Knights

    Aq Qoyunlu

    Qara Qoyunlu

    Nifty map of all of the new formables introduced in 1.8

    Now, here are some links to the trees not shown in full form:

    Kurdistan - Persia Variation

    Azerbaijani Generic - Maragheh

    Azerbaijani Generic - Tabriz

    Azerbaijani Generic - Shirvan

    Persian Generic - Yazd

    Persian Generic - Kerman

    Persian Generic - Isfahan

    Persian Generic - Baluchistan

    Persian Generic - Sistan

    Mazandarani Generic - Biapas

    Mazandarani Generic - Gilan

    Mazandaran shares missions with the former 2,but has no uniques.

    Luristan

    Cyprus - Orthodox Variation

    Naxos

    Avaria

    Circassia

    Gazikumukh

    Dagestan

    Georgia - Imereti

    Georgia - Samtskhe

    Kharabakh

    Beylik Generic - Aydin

    Beylik Generic - Saruhan

    Beylik Generic - Candar

    Beylik Generic - Ramazan

    Beylik Generic - Dulkadir

    Beylik Generic - Eretna

    Beylik Generic - Mentese

    Beylik Generic - Germiyan

    We also introduced many new events to spice up the gameplay in the new regions, such as Fall of the Timurid Empire.

    End of the Post

    Thank you for "reading" this post! I also wanted everyone who supports our labour of love for the game and we hope that you are going to enjoy your new campaigns!

    You can access the workshop page by clicking here.

    You can join our discord server by clicking here.

    submitted by /u/Stiopa866
    [link] [comments]

    Umm... Anyone remember how to get home?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 08:37 AM PST

    there is a line and you, my friend, have crossed it

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 09:22 AM PST

    Thank you pope, very cool

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 05:52 AM PST

    I'm fucked

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 07:59 AM PST

    I survived

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 12:07 PM PST

    Lazarus achievement in 1694

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 06:02 AM PST

    The Balkans are free real estate.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 10:38 AM PST

    So I have been playing ULM recently...

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 12:39 PM PST

    My Ardabil into Persia achievement run.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 10:21 AM PST

    Aggressive expansion is just a number

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 09:51 AM PST

    Oh come on!

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 06:20 AM PST

    Polish man goes to space

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 11:52 AM PST

    Time to be neutral

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 02:49 AM PST

    First Ironman Purple Phoenix run. Off to a great start in 1453.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 08:45 AM PST

    The dot in USA 2.0 is in the middle of the atlantic

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 11:54 AM PST

    All the crowns of Iberia and Naples by 1465

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 01:45 AM PST

    I'll graze my horse here... and here (Kazan)

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 12:02 PM PST

    I'll graze my horse here... and here (Kazan)

    Finally got this achievement.

    It was fun, but also super annoying, 'cause I had barely played with a horde before. I had tried Kazan a long time ago because of their ideas, but couldn't make it work back then and I tried to get this achievement before with Manchu, but I crashed and burned (bankruptcy) so it was my first time playing long with a horde.

    I began by attacking Nogai in December 11 (I think they were allied to Uzbek and Biapas or just Biapas.) Took some land, then saw Muscovy fighting against Novgorod, so I attacked them and took Nizhny Novgorod, Kasimov, Vladimir and Yuriev (two centers of trade), money and reparations. Embraced Feudalism from that money and provinces.

    Then I attacked the Great Horde (I allied Crimea and called them in, this is 1460) and took their centers of trade, a few more provinces and their money. You can actually attack the Great Horde at the start of the game and steamroll them by calling Crimea in (you need to hire a morale advisor to "raise" your armies strength and hire a diplo rep advisor, then you can ally Crimea in November 12.)

    As soon as I could I allied the Ottomans and began munching at my surroundings. Ate Ryazan first, vassalized Tver during that war as well, then killed the Great Horde, kept attacking Muscovy every 15 years and 100% peacing them out. I released Kazakh from two Nogai's provinces to managa AE.

    I started eating the Caucasus and saw the Timmies dying, so I allied Ajam, attacked QQ with their help promising land (gave them nothing) and beelined until Basrah. Attacked Fars then and took one neighbouring provinces that was a core form the Timurids, razed it and gave sold it to them (otherwise the economy modifier wouldn't have let me diplo vassalize them) and got them as my vassal.

    I also attacked Georgia, fully annexed them and released them (was probably not the best choice.) Afterwards I began annexing Georgia (to whom I gave their rightful cores that were under my enemies control) and Tver.

    By 1500 I had slightly rebellious vassals, had around 400 development and was drowning in debt. I had already boxed Muscovy in, so no one was going to eat them and with the help of the Ottomans I had attacked Poland-Lithuania and took a bunch of provinces. In 1527 I went bankrupt. I thought I had the Ottomans protection, but they backstabbed me when Denmark attacked me and they didn't join the war, because I had recently annexed a vassal so my reputation was shit. War against Denmark was easy, even took Stockholm and a fort from them while I was bankrupt. Thanksfully the Ottomans didn't really hate me, so after the bankruptcy penalties went away I re-allied them.

    Then I took the Timmies cores back, same for Kazakh and began annexing them (I was annexing the Timmies for around a 100 years, as they had a bit more than 500 dev after taking his cores back.) Kept attacking Muscovy, attacked Poland once more and starting stretching to China.

    By almost 1600 I was finally making some money. I was earning around 80-90 ducats a month with 50 coming from trade. Had flipped to Orthodox and everything was going perfectly fine. I released Sweden and took its cores back with the help of the Ottos (Denmark had allied France.) Kind of annoying was a Ottoman-Polish war where the Ottomans made Poland my tributary and that almost cost me my alliance with them as they wanted a bunch of Polish land and where rivaling them just before. I was only able to save the alliance by ditching Medina as a tributary (the Ottomans also wanted their land.)

    Then I started attacking China and rotating to India when I had too many truces in China (by 1500 there was no Ming left) and then at some point a coalition formed. I thought, "No biggie, they won't attack me as the Ottos have like 120k troops and the second nation with the most troops has only 70k") but then the coalition declared war and the Ottos didn't join. The war was super easy, but I already had a lot of AE with the Ottomans, and because I had been going crazy and wasn't paying attention to the AE, another coalition formed and the Ottomans joined it. This was 1650 or so. They attacked me and for some reason Poland joined the war (they were only my tributary, so I found it super weird as they were fighting with me and not attacking the Ottomans on their own.) This war was also easy. Only the Ottos were slightly difficult, but their troops didn't have much morale, so they always lost the battles. Here I was kind of pissed so I made the Ottomans my tributary here (but I can't make them loyal, as giving them gifts costs 1.4k a piece and I don't have that much money, and their have 1.3k dev and because of that a +230 liberty desire.) Two Indian wars later, I finally took the 200th province and got the achievement.

    Also got the Tartastan achievement, where you have to have all of the provinces in the Tartar culture group. Took me a while because I was allied to Crimea for a long time and I kind of forgot about them , Nogai and Uzbek for a few decades.

    https://preview.redd.it/wl4nrqnot2241.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=5d630b21b01c0374075aae5dfe5458a62adff346

    https://preview.redd.it/sohz63wrt2241.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=46ecb1b5db1d51d13d8afc574888d897aeb94a7d

    And now I'm finally earing more money than the Ottomans (they are still filthy rich though.)

    Half of my army came from the Timmies (they had 87k when I annexed them) and even then I had to disband a lot of troops to manage my economy.

    The siege pip that aristocratic gives you is godly + cav combat ability is good for hordes. Religious because I went Orthodox, trade because hordes are dirt poor in the beginning, admin for the CCR, quality for the discipline and quality-religious policy that gives you 5% morale and 10% siege ability. This ideas also give you a ton of trade efficient, trade bonuses and even another merchant. Only one Trade Company is giving me a merchant now.

    Poland and the Ottomans are my tributaries, but they would both be Great Powers, if independent.

    Funnily enough, there HRE is catholic, because Bohemia kept being Catholic even though all of their provinces where Protestant for like 30 years. After a war with Poland they went Protestant and the Emperorship went to Brandenburg. Spain got Austria and Wallachia as a PU at more or less the same time. Had to fight GB and Poland-Lithuania to get the PUs, but got them and kept them and that's when Bohemia became the emperor.

    submitted by /u/Senrosj
    [link] [comments]

    O yes, the infamous winter siege of Heidelberg

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 07:40 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment