• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 24, 2021

    EU4 Hey Lois, I'm the king of Bohemia heheheheheheh.

    EU4 Hey Lois, I'm the king of Bohemia heheheheheheh.


    Hey Lois, I'm the king of Bohemia heheheheheheh.

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 05:21 AM PST

    My Denmark -> Prussia start went so well I almost don't know what to do now

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 01:59 AM PST

    Rate my Milan

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 06:24 AM PST

    Just some name placement

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 02:24 AM PST

    Northern Mare Nostrum

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 07:28 AM PST

    Hussite Roman Empire - Is This Holy Enough for You!?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 09:19 AM PST

    This was absolutely brutal *Warning Graphic Content*

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 10:27 AM PST

    Aggresive expansion is just a number

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 03:41 AM PST

    Theodoreo

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 06:19 PM PST

    Wow, I can barely handle all of that IA

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 05:50 AM PST

    This Is The Most Cursed Thing I've Ever Seen

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 02:41 PM PST

    Byzantium game before I got bored and stopped. Spain is a PU and largest colonial power in game

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 11:14 PM PST

    Mayan Pope

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 09:14 AM PST

    Earliest reformation? (1481)

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 11:59 AM PST

    Finally, Start Date: Jan 1st 1444 End Date: 3rd April 1727

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 10:37 AM PST

    It’s in our blood. Good luck crossing English channel.

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 06:09 AM PST

    This event got a good chuckle out of me

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 04:40 AM PST

    My first finished campaign. Did I do good?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 10:16 AM PST

    Kazan lost map of spain. Where is it?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 11:25 PM PST

    How do you get any cardinals as Kongo?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 08:47 AM PST

    Made African Power achievement as Fetishist Kongo Theocracy

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 09:45 AM PST

    (Update) I have found a way to completely ignore AE and overextension by vassalizing allied OPMs

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 07:47 AM PST

    How to at the bottom of the post. Maybe this is well known, but I only found out about this now and I wanted to share my TIL.

    This is a followup to my previous post:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/eu4/comments/kyfy2t/help_restoring_the_roman_empire_before_1600/

    I was trying to restore the Roman Empire before 1600 but my progress was slow and my AE was starting to build up. People suggested that I used exploits or straight up ignore AE and fight coalitions, but I wanted to see if I can do it my way.

    Here is my second attempt (VH France):

    https://imgur.com/a/mXltFl5

    I made more progress, but its still a failure and I wont reach my goal before 1600.

    The interesting thing here is the AE map. I did not come close to even 1 coalition forming. Here are some of the old ways of dealing with AE that I know of:

    1. Ignore AE, fight coalitions - didn't use this one

    2. Release OPM's in peace deals and diplo vasssalize them - I used this in my first attempt, but it was too slow, I hardly did it in this run

    3. Annex a vassal to 100% then offer to release them in peace deals - Florryworry used this on stream to burn AE but I wanted to do this without exploits

    4. Fight coalitions and give allied land in peace deals - I did not want to use this in my run, feels scummy

    5. Release tags and declare reconquest for their cores - I used this during both runs, but this is unreliable since not every province has a core you can use

    6. Get PU's, only 10% AE - I used the French mission tree to PU Naples and Castille, but you cant do it to everyone you want to conquer, its unreliable.

    7. Gang up with allies on a tag, give land to allies, vassalize the tag, break alliances, declare reconquest - I used this to break apart Milan in my second run so that I could vassalize and reconquest Milan cores.

    Now here is the new way that I found:

    https://imgur.com/a/d4tOSz3

    If you check on the wiki you will find a full list of requierements to diplo vassalize someone: https://eu4.paradoxwikis.com/Vassal#Offer_vassalization_.28diplomatic.29

    In short:

    1. have 190 relations
    2. Be allies
    3. target has less than 100 dev
    4. You have no target cores
    5. You have enough reasons for target to accept

    That last point has many things put into it, but if you tried to diplo vassalize in your games, you probably know that the largest bottleneck as per formula is economic base. The tax and production of target and your nation is compared quadratically, meaning that unless you have much more total dev than your target, this point alone will give you up to - 90 reasons for acceptance, allowing you to only vassalize OPMs.

    HOWEVER

    the formula only considers development in states

    Here's what you do:

    1. Find a target you want to conquer
    2. Find a OPM you can vassalize that wants their land and can take it in peace deals
    3. Make sure that the OPM is in a different state to your target
    4. Declare war, call in OPM ally on promise land
    5. Give land to Ally in peace deal

    Until your OPM ally cores his new land, it wont be a part of a state and threfore wont be considered for vassalization acceptance, meaning you can still vassalize them in this brief period of 1 to 2 years

    The consequences is that if you pull through with this approach you can get an ally tag to eat all the AE and overextension for you only to become your vassal immediately after. Provided you have diplo ideas or other means of reducing warscore cost, you can take double or tripple AE and overextension in a single peace deal with no consequences if you can find enough OPM's to eat it for you. This method is not 100% reliable and requires setup, but in combination with others mentioned above it allows for some ridiculous conquest. This works wonders in dense regions like Italy, I was able to secure 90% of it in my second run by 1485 while having less than 30 AE because of the amount of OPMs present and the rivalry that they have on one another.

    submitted by /u/Vardariotai
    [link] [comments]

    Probably the rarest CB, they didn't even polish the description yet

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 05:29 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment